Watercooling PC... Around $650 in parts Edit= $800

A place for serious conversation. Follow the rules!

Re: Watercooling PC... Around $650 in parts Edit= $800

Postby Balubish » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:02 am

So a planned update! I started this thing called watercooling in 2014, its time for a bit of an update. Well a plan for 2018.

System is upgraded a bit past 2 years. GTX 1080 (still aircooled) but gonna watercool that is the plan, to sqeeze out some more FPS in 4K atleast.
Games starts too look fucking fantastic now so not even 1080 cant handle more than 1440p 60fps in some games which is insane really.
CPU, MB and RAM was upgraded last year to an X99 system with a 6800K 6core 12threads with 32GB in Quad Channel 3200Mhz. Terrible chip luck for OC.
Max I can achieve is 4.2Ghz (23% OC if I dont remember wrong) on all 6cores. But Rendering at full load gives me a temp around 50C°, so I guess thats good though :)

So right now i have a super small case Phanteks P400 and the big ass monsta rad I have I cant even fit the reservoir in it. So a new Case is on my plan this year.

Thermaltake Core X71

Edit: I just found this nice radiator support print. Very nice options for watercooling.
I like the concept of a vertical GPU so you can see the fluid on a clear waterblock but im not 100% sure yet if im gonna go that route.
But I love the option there atleast. I basicly have the same size case now, if you remove the bottom compartment on this one.
So I wouldnt have any problems with this case o fit all my watercooling stuff inside it and maybe even add another rad.

Even the 240 Monsta rad has it limits too cool, its fine for high OC CPU and GPU but temps cant get pretty high when you run both at full blast so the option to upgrade to a second rad at one point would be nice.
I have ordered a fillport as a nice option and ordered new O-ring, cause the ones I have are so old now I have cracks in them. So the system leaks slowly.
I cant see the leak but its so small I think the fans actually remove it with the airflow when its running anyway but I still want to switch out all the O-rings on all fittings to have that fresh. I also ordered some new hoses to remove the old foggy ones.

I might have enough next month to order the case but I will still plan to paint it white i think. Could be a bit of work but I think its kinda clean as a white case in general and I have that now. I will also paint the inside white aswell and the lights inside the case will glow up with it.

Waterblock I have planned so far will be this EK one.
Its nice with a clean small case that just fits all ur stuff, but they are a bitch for airflow and working with and that is the main reason why Im going with this upgrade. Im gonna keep posting the updates when I have all my stuff :)

Edit: So I thought the case might actually be too high for the CPU power connectors and need 1x8pin + 1x4pin 12V to the CPU. So long overdue Im gonna get extensioncables for that aswell + make it look better at the same time.
So a nice kit with ur basic needs for 50€. So not to bad, included with combs on them and a few extra ones.

/Balubish

Current rank: Terminator
0% Kills needed: 0 (0%)
Balubish
Donator
I drink to keep evil outside!

Postby -Real-PeopledMage » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:05 pm

Those parts are pretty great to get some high quality settings on certain games.
GL on that 2018 plan there!
MageMageMageMageMageMageMageMageMageMageMageMageMageMage[steam]http://steamcommunity.com/id/peopledmage/[/steam]
-Real-PeopledMage
Donator
MageOfMages

Postby Balubish » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:31 pm

-Real-PeopledMage wrote:Those parts are pretty great to get some high quality settings on certain games.
GL on that 2018 plan there!

Well I hope to be able to squeeze out maybe 5fps more in 4K, and that might help go over in some games from 1440p to 4K 60fps :) And it looks fantastic hopefully :P
Thank you. :)

Current rank: Terminator
0% Kills needed: 0 (0%)
Balubish
Donator
I drink to keep evil outside!

Previous

Return to Intense Debate