Reporting Scammers

Discussion for the trade server at: 66.221.253.125:27019

Moderator: Gold Admin

Re: Reporting Scammers

Postby Hatred » Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:04 pm

UnicornPoop wrote:i was just wondering. can you record our voices on the servers. i was just wondering because some people attmept to scam over voice chat.

also on the double trade thing is it ok if there is a trusted middleman. yesterday a guy was giving a dirty skull for a bills and i was the middle man. he gave me the bills and the other guy gifted him the skull and i gave the bills hat to the guy who gifted the skull away.

yes you can by recording a demo movie ... it will record voice also
also known as csn broken [UbM]
Hatred
Donator

Postby Vivi Hill » Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:08 pm

There's actually an extension for sourcemod someone's working on that will be able to parse voices. It could actually be feasible to do recording through this, though it would take up a lot of space to store so much data.
"Just because nobody complains doesn't mean all parachutes are perfect." --Benny Hill
Vivi Hill
Red Admin
Master of Ceremonies

Postby NBC011795 » Sun May 01, 2011 7:54 pm

One thing I've noticed is that scammers may sometimes use Russian characters in their name.

if you are scammed/attempted scammed by them copy and past their name to a notepad(or whatever you use) and report the name to a admin.
NBC011795
Pink Admin

Postby MrCakeMan14 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:47 pm

alright, will do
Forgotten Goldmin
MrCakeMan14
Gold Admin

Postby Omega » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:58 pm

If anyone gets scammed, grab their Steam ID ASAP since they arent able to change that. Report the scam to a CSn Admin and also report them to SourceOps so they're rep is tainted. Sry to hear scammers still exist on CSn :P
Delayed Flight -> Cancelled Flight -> 20 + Mosquito Bites -> Delayed Flight -> Jet Lag ... And I thought vacations were relaxing, Boy was I wrong D:
Omega

Previous

Return to Trade Server