Critsandvich TF2Lobby Team?

Put team here!

Re: Critsandvich TF2Lobby Team?

Postby rawkies » Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:22 am

I'll play pyro on low-ping servers, otherwise spy/medic for me.
rawkies [r/trees]: nigga gimme 10 bitches and ill fuck all 10 --Snoop Doggy Dogg
セクシーのきたないお: words to live by
rawkies

Postby Patrid » Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:38 am

I doubt you'll need my services of sniper and spy since it's a compet setting, but i'll just throw my name in there for heavy/medic/ dh soldier (only against scouts)
Failhorse:Exploits are okay as long are you're an admin
ImageImage
Patrid

Postby Echoplex » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:11 pm

Looking for a group to lobby with. I don't have any comp experience but I'd want to play soldier/demo.
I go by Honest Bender's Orphanarium or Echoplex on the servers, steamID is envyzero

All stock errythang
Echoplex

Postby Failhorse » Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:09 am

I don't know this guy. But his ass should be declared a national treasure.
Failhorse
Red Admin

Postby wall-e » Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:06 pm

hey i would love to try out soldier for this. im new to this group but i have almost 500 hours logged in the only thing is tf2 lobby is stuck on the connecting! notification and i was wondering how to fix this. (im on mozilla)
wall-e

Postby Vivi Hill » Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:01 am

You might have steam urls disabled. Make sure you allow Firefox to open another program (steam) with a link. If that doesn't work, you can always get the info from the left hand side of the page that opens after that. It shows the IP and password for the match. So you can paste into console in TF2
Code: Select all
connect IP;password pass

to get in.

As for a server to play on, it's too bad the "CSn Match" server is so horrible (because it hosts this website and tf2ware and trading at once). Perhaps we can get another server from discount gameservers for tf2lobby matches at some point (assuming we have the cash of course).
"Just because nobody complains doesn't mean all parachutes are perfect." --Benny Hill
Vivi Hill
Red Admin
Master of Ceremonies

Postby NuclearWatermelon » Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:08 am

My server ain't too grand, but maybe it can do this? I am not sure.

Also, moved thread to TF2Lobby
NuclearWatermelon

Postby Vivi Hill » Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:56 am

NuclearWatermelon wrote:My server ain't too grand, but maybe it can do this? I am not sure.

Also, moved thread to TF2Lobby

Is your server a self-hosted thing, or paid? Really anything would probably be better than the one we have now (it's just bogged down from crunching hlstatsx, tf2ware, trading, left4dead etc). We can give it a shot. Would need only 12 slots, but 18 would be ideal. We could also contact the tf2lobby people and get it listed in the pool so that it's automatically selected, though if we did that we wouldn't guarantee its use by critsandvich people (but we could get the word out with the MOTD).

In any case that sounds like it could work out nicely.
"Just because nobody complains doesn't mean all parachutes are perfect." --Benny Hill
Vivi Hill
Red Admin
Master of Ceremonies

Postby NuclearWatermelon » Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:05 am

benny hill wrote:Is your server a self-hosted thing, or paid? Really anything would probably be better than the one we have now (it's just bogged down from crunching hlstatsx, tf2ware, trading, left4dead etc). We can give it a shot. Would need only 12 slots, but 18 would be ideal. We could also contact the tf2lobby people and get it listed in the pool so that it's automatically selected, though if we did that we wouldn't guarantee its use by critsandvich people (but we could get the word out with the MOTD).

In any case that sounds like it could work out nicely.

Self-hosted. That said, does it need to be added to the pool, or can we set it for use whenever we want?

I say this because of a few things:
I use it every now and again for playing CS:S (as a noob) with a friend and bots, however I know that it can run multiple instances of srcds on one machine, so that isn't that large of an issue
It does not have a static IP. It does not change much, but it does change on occasion and I tend to use its dynamic DNS setup anyway.

At any rate, I'll see about installing it on a separate user account for you Benny so you can SSH into it.
NuclearWatermelon

Postby Vivi Hill » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:44 am

NuclearWatermelon wrote:Self-hosted. That said, does it need to be added to the pool, or can we set it for use whenever we want?

Ah, in that case, no need to add it to the pool. You can put the IP in right before using it.
Vivi Hill
Red Admin
Master of Ceremonies

PreviousNext

Return to Ackyburs' lobby shack