How to mumble

Report hackers, annoyers, crashes, problems here.

How to mumble

Postby Ackybur » Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:38 pm

At the request of another admin I am here to make your mumble experience easier! So here we go:

-Download mumble
-When it's first open there will be an option to enter in the server info click "Add new"
Add server name like CSn (something easy)
Address is critsandvich (see bottom), port is the 5 numbers, and password is what we've given you
Username is whatever you want it to be
-Next you'll be dropped in the lobby (aka root) and at this time I recommend you configure your settings. Click up there and go through to get your sound set up, and set up a push to talk button
-There are some passworded servers, and you're not able to enter those unless you know the password. An example is Toasters' Bukkake Bordello, or Ackyburs' Equestrian Facility. If you want those passwords, the best idea is to ask the people in them, or the peoples who have their names on the channel. The general channel names like the slayboxes, trade server etc are open to all.
-Next step, someone gave you a password WHAT DO YOU DO?!
Click on server
Click on Access Token, and enter in the password...that's it. Then you will be able to enter in those channels.

In all honesty that's really it to mumble, and the nicest thing about it is that when someone is talking the background noise (music, tf2 etc) quiets down and comes back when the person is done talking. Looooove it! If you have any questions, please post here!

Mumble Info:
IP: critsandvich.com
Port: 64738
Password: skankware
Ackybur
Donator

Re: How to mumble

Postby Vivi Hill » Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:21 pm

Thanks. This should help anyone with problems. Also good to note is it may ask you to run a setup wizard for your speech. Usually that's an easy way to get your volumes set up and ensure your microphone works properly. Push to talk is the easiest way to do things generally, but it can also activate by detecting the volume of your mic.
"Just because nobody complains doesn't mean all parachutes are perfect." --Benny Hill
Vivi Hill
Red Admin
Master of Ceremonies

Postby squar3d » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:36 am

Question... do we have to mumble on mumble or will grunts suffice?
squar3d
Donator

Postby Ackybur » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:37 am

Zclipse only grunts. You're good
Ackybur
Donator

Postby tehs4ndman » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:34 pm

ventrilo>mumble... y u ask? mumble rhymes with tumble, and tumbling is bad for your heath... therefore mumble is bad for your health. great job :D

youtube channel with tf2 vids xD subscribe!! http://www.youtube.com/user/tehs4ndman

trade me!!! http://www.tf2items.com/id/tehs4ndman
tehs4ndman

Postby NuclearWatermelon » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:13 pm

tehs4ndman wrote:ventrilo>mumble... y u ask? mumble rhymes with tumble, and tumbling is bad for your heath... therefore mumble is bad for your health. great job :D

nope
NuclearWatermelon

Postby duck » Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:28 pm

vent sux
duck

Postby Gho$T » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:10 pm

unicornpoop wrote:vent (AND TS) sux

:D
ImageImage Image
Gho$T
Donator

Postby John Magnum » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:25 am

NOTE: I needed to upgrade from the latest stable release, 1.2.2, to 1.2.3.rc2 in order to connect to CSn's mumble server. This might affect other people too.
John Magnum
Donator

Postby HibiscusKazeneko » Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:50 am

Also, I think it might be worth a mention that I haven't seen anyone from Crit Sandvich on lately.
Every time I've logged into the server over the past couple of months, it's been occupied by World of Warcraft players whose names I don't recognize.
Have they taken over our IP address or something?
HibiscusKazeneko

Next

Return to Server Support