Star Citizen CSn Organization - Join here

Everything else not represented

Re: Star Citizen CSn Organization - Join here

Postby Rumors » Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:46 am

Can't wait to try out Alpha 2.0 when its out of public test. Dogfighting in arena commander has been very fun. Tried it out with Mouse/Keyboard and Controller. I think I'm favoring mouse, just because theres so many contextual buttons with controller. You have to hold one button and press another to do something you can do just pressing a key on keyboard. I can only imagine how the immersion will feel with VR later on. >_<

I bet using an actual flight stick in arena commander could be fun though.

My ship: Cutlass Black
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Rumors
Donator
Penndragoon

Postby Balubish » Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:49 am

Nice Dragoon, did you actually manage to stand on the platform? I died everytime when trying.
Was fun fighting against you and if more ppl from CSn got the game with should jump in and do a kill everyone you see kinda thing. Both fun and good to train.

In other news I made an explanation on the starmap how damn big its gonna be and how to travel between star systems through wormholes was actually more complex with bigger ships than I thought.

Current rank: Terminator
0% Kills needed: 0 (0%)
Balubish
Donator
I drink to keep evil outside!

Postby Rumors » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:47 am

Future new ship bae:

Starfarer: Transport/Hauling ship that can self-refine and store fuel while flying.

A giant steel elephant on skis

plenty of fuel tanks for all your space exploring needs

Doesn't come with a trucker hat sadly...
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Rumors
Donator
Penndragoon

Postby L0wsound » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:40 pm

Rumors wrote:Future new ship bae:

Starfarer: Transport/Hauling ship that can self-refine and store fuel while flying.

A giant steel elephant on skis

No kidding!
Rumors wrote:plenty of fuel tanks for all your space exploring needs

Doesn't come with a trucker hat sadly...

hmm what about a tf2 hat pre-order bonus?!

I'm still waiting for my Kruger P-72 Archimedes
L0wsound

Postby Balubish » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:04 pm

Ah man, that sexy fucking thing, Starfarer :)

Did my own walk around outside and in it, damn its huge, got lost couple of times :)

Balubish
Donator

Postby Hooked » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:25 pm

As someone who has preordered but hasn't been following the status of the game, where is it at the moment? Is it pretty much just the dog-fighting module still?
Hooked

Postby Rumors » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:04 pm

Hooked wrote:As someone who has preordered but hasn't been following the status of the game, where is it at the moment? Is it pretty much just the dog-fighting module still?

Depending on when you last checked in to the game, it is currently in Alpha 2.3.0:

They moved from early alpha to Alpha 2.0 last December. Since then, it's made numerous improvements to the Hangar, Arena Commander (dogfighting) and Crusader's persistent universe sandbox. I can say that Arena Commander and Hangar run waaaaay smoother now than they did before Alpha 2.0.

Crusader and ArcCorp (the city you can walk around and explore) is the small persistent universe that they're letting players test to work out the bugs that come with many players online at the same time flying, doing missions, and genuine bugs that need to be fixed etc. Crusader does run much better now than it did in December when Alpha 2.0 came out, but it still isn't perfect. Alpha is currently in version 2.3.0 as of an update about a week ago. Updates to the game have been fairly frequent and I notice more stability in all the modes currently available in alpha.

I'd say if you haven't played in a while I'd log on just to try out Arena Commander and see how much better it runs(plus if you beat wave 18 you unlock the ability to rent an enemy Vanduul ship), and try out Crusader, which is basically a small sandbox of what the much larger persistent universe will be like. Balubish and I have managed to start in the same server a few times and fly in each other's spacecraft. Its easier to party up with others in your friend list than it was a couple updates ago so they're actively working on improving that as well.

I'm sure Balubish has more to say though.

Here's the notes form the last update:
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm ... -Available
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Rumors
Donator
Penndragoon

Postby Balubish » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:33 pm

Hooked wrote:As someone who has preordered but hasn't been following the status of the game, where is it at the moment? Is it pretty much just the dog-fighting module still?

Yeah like Rumors said. The have used the dogfighting module to have as bed to test ships, mechanincs of that in Arena commander and basicly when Baby PU 2.0 came out they feel like it was AC working good enough to go to the next step. PU 2.3 as it is now is crusader which the universe will be built up around and as for us in Alpha can test all upgrades to it. Ever stage for example 2.3 and next 2.4 etc will be implmented with one new thing added to be tested. Like for example 2.2 had coolers added, 2.3 had powerplants and so on. They also add some other content aswell.

And I doubt they will release much more than crusader for us until release cause they dont want to spoil or let us play the finished game even with bugs before anyone else.
And the next update either 2.4 or 2.5 I think will be what they are working on hard now is procedural planets so instead of what they said from start that you would call in to a landing zone and it would force you to do that. They managed so solve the loading so you will be able either to jump right above the landing zone or just fly urself down in the atmosphere and get a nice flyby view before landing. The only loading screen you will see is when you start the game basicly when its done.

Example they showed around 3 months ago. Note devs are still adding landing zones etc on the planets manually so a reason why it takes time. But the quality and the content added im not surprised it takes time.

And I think next will be currency mechanics added among other things. Like they will add that ingame currency will work so you can go into a shop or some random guy in an alley that sell stuff and buy a weapon or whatever with UEC.

And for you that havent backed Star Citizen is now split in 2 games. Squadron 42 is the singleplayer game which contains Arena Commander and the storyline basicly. Think episode 1 will have around 100hours of gameplay. And Star Citizen is the Presistent Universe also w/ Arena commander I think. Luckily for us backers we have the complete game already Squadron 42 and Star Citizen.

And what ive seen on what they are working on and are releasing to us I only think that we backers will only be able to test new mechanics implemented, as said next step will be currency, buying, selling etc in shops. I dont think we will be able to land on Crusader from space before release but I could be wrong, lets hope so. (Could be fun testing that out) And somewhere along that they will add the cargo mechanincs and i think they added loot "kinda" now in 2.3. I heard that on the Moon Yela and around the Asteroid field there is AI enemies that you can kill and they drop loot, especially 2 rifles, 1 electro rifle and one sniper rifle. I havent checked yet myself. And as Rumors said they are adding fixes and stability almost every week on the mini PU but some servers can differ alot.
But if you want a taste of how the mechanics of the PU will be you can log in and test it out and how missions will work. Also, are alooot of buttons to keep track on, I still dont know how to go backwards with my ship lol, think its enough with roll, turning, pitch, lock on friendly, cycle friendly target, lock on enemy, cycle enemy target and so on and all that.

So an update to our planned ORG. Rumors(PennDragoon) and me will and have spent alot of money into it and are trying to build a base ORG up for us.
With hopefully 2 Starfarer "Refueling" ships for us. So for you who dont want to fly around in ur starter ship but still wanna help out and earn ingame money while doing missions together will earn it while working on different places on Starfarer for example or even as a backup ship with ur own ship flying side by side transporting stuff and be ready if we get attacked by pirates.

What work is on a Starfarer? Well you can either be the big top gun turret, sheild operator, fuel boom mechanic checking fuel tanks or handling the boom while refueling other ships, 2 turrets in the back, cargo bay worker and mechanic in different areas, say engine room, sheild and gravity generator and ofcourse a pilot. And thats how Star Citizen will be in its all glory of it. A game in the game. You will always have something to do even if you work for someone. We arent sure how the currency will work yet. If its possible we could split profit depending how much is left after doing missions and repair.
And we will be able to either depending how time consuming it is to actually harvest fuel either give it free to the community/org or sell it cheaper to you guys.
But as its not yet implemented we cant know for sure yet. But our thought is it will still benefit our community / org no matter what. And working together will make the game not just more fun but also you will earn money faster and will be able to buy that nice upgraded guns to ur ship or a better ship faster.

An example I heard recently not 100% sure how accurate it is. But from a starter package and to earn doing ingame missions basicly up to a Constellation Taurus will take around 60hours effective gameplay to earn up to it. If you have questions about ships pros and cons probably both me and Rumors (Penndragoon) know about the same amount of if. Personally I have been testing all ships released so far ingame.

Balubish
Donator

Postby Galactic Toast » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:22 pm

Of the 2 45$ ships, which one would you recommend
Galactic Toast
Donator

Postby Balubish » Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:48 pm

Galactic Toast wrote:Of the 2 45$ ships, which one would you recommend

The Aurora, it looks like shit but you can upgrade to Size 2 guns on it and also add Pylon mounts (Rockets) on it and 3 more spots of cargo.

While the Mustang have 3 less cargo, its a bit more agile and a snub fighter more, it can only have the stock lvl 1 size guns on it as it comes with, it do have lvl 1 in the front that are on gimbal mount.

I have had both of them and liked them on different areas. So its actually on ur personal taste and if you are fine with 4lvl 1 guns or 2 lvl 2 and rockets.
If you wanna compare the specs urself here you go.

Aurora:
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/ships/rsi-aurora/Aurora-MR

Mustang
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/ships/mustang/Mustang-Alpha

Also keep in mind. The game is split now cause its getting so big. So the universe is Star Citizen and Squadron 42 is only the singleplayer game of it.

They have a complete game though I saw right now. Same ships but cost a bit more. Also keep in mind the game is still in alpha so prices might change until release.

Aurora - Full game
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/Packages/Aurora-MR-Star-Citizen-Squadron-42-Combo

Mustang - Full game
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/Packages/Mustang-Alpha-Star-Citizen-Squadron-42-Combo

Balubish
Donator

PreviousNext

Return to Other Games