Farewell

Announcements and news related to Crit Sandvich.

Re: Farewell

Postby Rusty Shackleford » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:16 pm

Just saw this post and felt the need to make an account to thank you guys. I had feared the worst since most of the time when I can log on I first check to see if anyone is in Slaybox 1 before I shamefully play casual. I had even tried to camp out for 20 or 30 minutes a few times in the hope it might populate. Sad to see it go, but I understand. Had a lot of great times drinking late into the night on CSN servers. Great community. Was so nice to play with people who were (mostly) serious about playing the game, capturing objectives, and working as a team but still had a ton of fun doing it. CSN servers were pretty much the only time I'd bother dusting off my mic and joining in on voice chat. I can't play as much as I used to back in CSN's heyday (house, kids, etc.) but I still try to get an hour or two a week in when I can. Hopefully CSN's TF2 servers are not a harbinger of things to come for TF2 in general, at least in the near future.

If I see any of the regulars names out in casual land I'll do my best to give you a pocket. There's a ton of Rusty Shacklefords out there, but if you see one hopelessly fighting a spy off his sentry nest, give the pocket sand man a hand (SHA SHA SHA!) :-). Thanks again for all the good memories.
Rusty Shackleford

Postby WordToYourMothership » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:55 pm

I'm a bit late but figured i should post anyways. Westbox was one of the servers i was on regularly when i first started playing TF2, once that was gone I just kind of stopped playing for a bit. I'd get on every once in a while until one day I got onto the chicago servers. Fell in love all over again and donated that night. Rest in peace critsandvich, you have served me, and the community well.
WordToYourMothership
Donator

Postby Balubish » Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:18 pm

For sentimental value I learned all my FPS gaming skillz on CSn. Far from pro but I feel like im a bit average nowadays. It have always been fun playing with both skilled players and newbs on CSn, even though we had fun, there were always a bit of seriousness at all times if someone was tryharding everyone jumped in and got serious and tried their best.

This were my first gaming community I found and dont really remember why I started playing TF2 in the first place. I think my brother tipped med off about Steam and TF2.
About 4 days of having steam I installed TF2 and I was up late and found a fairly full server. It was Westbox, my ping was hovering around 180 and all the old timer pro players and regulars have filled the server up.

I created my name for my music that I still make but not reguarly as I used too, only when I get the influenses to do them. And what got me hooked that night was Fence, even the first 30min of gameplay in TF2 fucked me up that night.
Fence and I think someone else was shoutcasting with him, could have been HardAssSandman im not sure. But they commented on the gameplay and they saw my name and Fence said "Balubish" such a weird name, its like a russian dish or something he said.
I laughed my ass off and thats how I got stuck here. Love the people and energy and bond we all have gotten over the years. Even though we havent met I feel like I have known alot of you guys for years.

Best regards and mucho love from Balubish

An old stream from 2013 that I took from Fence Twitch and reuploaded. Back when the coolest hat I had was the fucking Gibus I even had colored haha.

Current rank: Terminator
0% Kills needed: 0 (0%)
Balubish
Donator
I drink to keep evil outside!

Postby Ultimate Cookie » Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:18 am

Y'all are still welcome to hang out at the Cafe of Broken Dreams...
Ultimate Cookie

Postby Balubish » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:07 am

Ultimate Cookie wrote:Y'all are still welcome to hang out at the Cafe of Broken Dreams...

???

Current rank: Terminator
0% Kills needed: 0 (0%)
Balubish
Donator
I drink to keep evil outside!

Postby Deward » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:25 pm

Does this mean I'm not getting my admin back?
You might know me as Drawed
Deward

Postby Lia_Rein » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:07 am

Lia_Rein
Blue Admin
Not Liable for Rein damage

Previous

Return to News