Critsandvich February Contest

Announcements and news related to Crit Sandvich.

Re: Critsandvich February Contest

Postby Jack Salad » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:43 am

Congratulations, winners! I hope everyone enjoys their prizes! I know I will enjoy mine. Everyone in the top 50 should be proud for having to trudge through Crits, Spies, and [-12] point deaths to get to where you are!

Sorry you didn't get the unusual Joshie, but way to make it to the top ten! That in itself is a nice accomplishment as you ranked up with some formidable foes, not to mention in a somewhat competitive environment, too!
Jack Salad

Postby Rex » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:58 am

IMO If this is ever done again (I hope it is) I vote random crits get turned off and adding one of those "map too recently played" nomination systems.
Rex
Donator

Postby Grounder » Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:37 am

im giving my hat to joshie when i get it.
Grounder

Postby Jack Salad » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:02 pm

Rex wrote:IMO If this is ever done again (I hope it is) I vote random crits get turned off and adding one of those "map too recently played" nomination systems.

Second.
Jack Salad

Postby KillerProtist » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:48 pm

So, how exactly do you claim your prize?
KillerProtist

Postby Aleski » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:02 pm

Mangachu wrote:also no extra points for backstabbing people
it was the only reason to why aleski got into the top 10 (no offence, your a good spy and all. But i hate you for only playing spy </3)
i sense about 50 people posting
"Stop whining"

I think spies deserve the extra 2 points because the thing is, if I were to miss the back stab I would be completely vulnerable to death and most likely get killed. I know this is where ya'll might complain about dead ringers but that's not the point. The thing is, most of the time I would die if I missed the stab and by being in the top10, I would almost always lose 12 points. Also, there were a couple times where using the dead ringer made HLstats think I actually died (Yeah, I'm that frickin' good at tricking people I managed to trick the system) and it would take away points for every one of my fake deaths.
Aleski

Postby fingerman » Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:38 am

The next contest will be different. We have a month to come up with ideas. Please PM me with your suggestions. Also if you won a prize, check out my other post about the winners.
fingerman
Red Admin
Author of: The Pushers Guide to Little Carts

Postby sethard » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:07 pm

Congratulations to those in the top 50, for the description of the soldier metal applies to us more than ever. And I can't say thanks enough to Fingerman for setting this up, for it brought out the worst person and best player in me. Thanks to everyone I enjoyed the past month with.
See you in game! C:
sethard

Postby Twinweapons » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:43 pm

Good fun for all and I hope sincerely that in the future many more of these contests come into existence. This promotes a highly competitive atmosphere and makes the server extremely popular as it was the most visited server for about 5 days straight. I hope the community and the players that are part of that community are happy with the publicity the contest brought to the server. I give my congrats to the top10, top50 and all other players on the server that are responsible for making play on the server so enjoyable along great community.
Twinweapons
Donator

Previous

Return to News