Drawed reviews Destiny (AKA: Breaking NDA 101)

You review games and life. We post it in the blog

Drawed reviews Destiny (AKA: Breaking NDA 101)

by Drawed » Fri May 31, 2013 1:52 am

So people have been pestering me to do a review for CSn for a while now. I currently have literally nothing better to do than write about games, so here we go.

Destiny
Price: TBA (But seriously, I would bet my life on it being $60)
Developer: Bungie
Publisher: Activision
Platform: Xbox 360, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, PC (TBA)
Release Date: It keeps changing. It was supposed to be out by this fall but now it's looking more and more like early 2014.

I have been playing this game in Alpha for about a month now. I have been apart of the alpha for going on five months, but it wasn't until last month that I managed to get the game to operate at above 3 FPS on my Craptop. Technically, nobody is supposed to know about the Alpha and upcoming Beta. But shit, not being able to talk about a neat game sucks. So I have pretty much been leaking more about this game than a DinC's waterbed after a big meal. And so I figured a full reveal was due.

Destiny began development back in 2006, less than two years after Halo 2 was released. What started as a four man pet project has blossomed into an expansive world combining elements of Sci-Fi and Fantasy in an FPSRPG package. Think Borderlands meets Fallout meets Torchlight meets Halo. While a co-op shooter at it's core, Destiny still offers an expansive world for players to experience solo. I have spent hours in the Alpha just wandering around and getting lost, but in a good way. It really is an experience that I can't describe to any other sort of game I have played.

Featuring a Borderlands-esque weapon drop system, Destiny satisfies even the most severe cases of looting sweet-tooth. There are seven distinct gun manufacturers in the world of Destiny. Each has distinct pros and cons. So you may happen upon an Assault Rifle with a Barrel by Manufacturer X, a Stock by Manufacturer Y, and a Sight by Manufacturer Z. The stats of that gun will be dependent on the various pros and cons that those manufacturers have to offer. Ideally, you will find a gun that has the pros and cons that best suit your play-style. For example, I had a Sniper Rifle at one point in my travels that had a attributes that increased accuracy and damage, but suffered from higher recoil and a slower fire rate. However these cons are worth the trade off when it comes to a sniper, especially in a game like Destiny where you are either a patient and stealthy sniper, or you're dead.

And I just realized I'm tired as shit and have way more to write about this. So I'll be finishing this incredibly autistic review tomorrow. Or maybe never. I have a tendency to lose interest in things that I start.
Drawed

Re: Drawed reviews Destiny (AKA: Breaking NDA 101)

by Newport » Fri May 31, 2013 2:41 am

IM TELLING BUNGIE.

"Ruler Zig Zag, Zig-Allah jam is fatal, Quick to stick my Wu-Tang sword right through ya navel"
"You can see the weakness of a man right through his iris, Un-loyal snakes get thrown in boilin lakes"
Newport

by Beartato » Fri May 31, 2013 6:41 am

I got tired of looking at Drawed's face.
Beartato

by Preminicious » Fri May 31, 2013 8:13 am

Preminicious
Donator

by nehaali » Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:26 am

Steam has proved to be a superior platform vs just about anything. Want proof? Look at the name of this website.
If not for the well thought out features added, we wouldn't be possible. I'm drinking the kool-aid. Are you? :)
pass4sure.biz pass4sure.biz
Pass4sure 640-864 exam Pass4sure 640-864 exam
Pass4sure cisco ccie security Pass4sure cisco ccie security
Pass4sure cisco ccie voice Pass4sure cisco ccie voice
nehaali

by Balubish » Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:55 pm

Current rank: Terminator
0% Kills needed: 0 (0%)
Balubish
Donator
I drink to keep evil outside!

by Adam » Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:33 am

Thanks Balu for posting that, and thanks Drawed for the deets. I'm really digging the 'public event' idea.
Adam

Return to Community Reviews and Commentary