Cloud reviews: Assorted Xbox 360 games.

You review games and life. We post it in the blog

Cloud reviews: Assorted Xbox 360 games.

by cloud » Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:52 pm

WARNING! IF YOU WANT TO PLAY ANY OF THESE GAMES, THERE WILL BE SPOILERS AHEAD!

Alrighty, so lately I've been spending time on my Xbox, playing a lot of games, both old and new, and I thought, "Hey, why don't I review some of these!"
So, without further waiting, the games I'll be reviewing are:

Halo 3
Gears of War 3
Crysis 3
Lost Planet 2
and finally,
Alan Wake

For starters, these reviews will be short in nature, and give a basic overview of the game, their campaign, their multiplayer (if it has one), and what I thought of the campaign. I encourage you all to post feedback, and tell your experience with these games if you've played them. I know this is stepping away from the normal selection of Steam games, but I hope you'll appreciate it all the same.

HALO 3

This is a game widely hailed as one of the best games ever created, and for good reason. During my time with the game, I was able to try out all aspects of it, and found myself constantly coming back for more. The amount of content that Bungie put into this game is astounding, and there is enough here to keep you busy for a very long time.

OVERVIEW
The game, know for its innovation, had exceedingly good graphics for the year it was released, and had almost no, if any, rendering issues, and the "loading screens" were actually a small notification in the bottom left hand corner of the screen that said "Loading... done." This is nice because it never felt like you were out of the action for extended periods of time, and also kept lag to a bare minimum.
Next up is the controls. They were extremely responsive, and they even let you map out your controls based on your play style. This was especially pleasing to me because in a game like this, with enemies shooting at you at all times, there is no room for flaws in your aiming or movement. It also gave me the feeling of "Oh I died. Well, it was my fault anyway," instead of the rage inducing, "These controls are so terrible, they keep getting me killed."
Finally, we are on to its replayability. I would probably list it as moderately high, as the campaign doesn't really make you want to come back to it, especially if you've beaten it on legendary, but the multiplayer more than makes up for this with its DLC and interesting game modes.
Final overview score: 10/10

CAMPAIGN
Here we move on to Master Chief himself as the player once again take control of the hulking metal suited man. The campaign starts with Master Chief falling out of space and landing in a jungle somewhere in Africa. A group of marines led by Sergeant Johnson and accompanied by the Arbiter (the leader of the alien race, The Elites) finds Master Chief and thinks him to be dead, when suddenly *gasp* Master Chief gets up and heads off along with the group.
The game continues with the basic Halo style "Go here, blow up/kill this thing, get out for extraction" up until the level called Floodgate. You remember the Flood? The race of alien parasites that survive by killing other races and taking control of them? Yeah those guys. Turns out the hijacked a Covenant (alien) ship and crashed it into earth. The flood spreads quickly, killing every thing in its path, and this leads the humans to call on the Elite commander simply known as "Shipmaster" to Glass (or burn) large portions of Africa to kill off the flood, and it works. The Elites and the Humans then decide that it's time to take the fight to the covenant leader known as the Prophet of Truth. They jump through the wormhole and find the prophet, however, the flood are close behind. The Arbiter kills the Prophet of truth, but he and Master Chief are quickly swarmed was an extremely large horde of flood. They escape the citadel, and Master Chief goes into the flood mothership to rescue the AI known as Cortana. This level in the game is also called Cortana, and was BY FAR the hardest level in the entire game. Countless deaths and a bit of rage finally got me through it, and after this, there is one more level and the campaign ends with Master Chief detonating an unfinished Halo ring that was located on the same planet he was on. This supposedly kills all of the flood, and indeed they don't make an appearance in halo 4, but that still remains to be seen.
The campaign also has co-op, with player 1 taking control of Master Chief, player 2 taking control of the Arbiter, and players 3 and 4 taking control of 2 unnamed elites. The game becomes substantially easier when you aren't alone, so I recommend bringing friends if you're planning on beating this games.
The plot has some nice twists and managed to tell the story well, but the combat could still get monotonous at times. But then again, what would Halo be without shooting up tons of aliens.
Final Campaign score 9/10

MULTIPLAYER
The multiplayer in HALO 3 was easily its most attractive piece, and was fun for hours on end to play. Bungie also introduced new DLC periodically, and even added new game modes from time to time. My personal 2 favorites were Infection and SWAT.

INFECTION
This game mode starts with one player playing as a zombie, and when that one player gets a kill, the person who died also becomes a zombie. It would continue like this for a while since the zombies would die in one hit regardless of what weapon shot them. However, as the zombie count rises and the survivor count dwindles, it becomes increasingly more hectic, with mulitple zombies ganging up on one survivor and the survivor not having enough bullets to kill them all.
SWAT
This game mode pitted two teams against each other with each team having the same loadout, a battle rifle, and a pistol. The players also do not have any shields, which means that a headshot is an instant death. This mode tested your reaction time, as well as your patience for waiting for the time to strike.

There is much more to the multiplayer than I've listed, but these were the two modes I played the most.
Final Multiplayer score 10/10

This is only scratching the tip of the iceberg in terms of this game, and I encourage you to pick it up if you get the chance. And with its price tag, you would be stupid not to buy it if you already own an Xbox.

Price at gamestop when pre-owned: $10
Final game score: 9.8/10

other reviews to come at a later date.
CSn's professional thread killer.
cloud
Donator
Hey look. It's that one guy.

Re: Cloud reviews: Assorted Xbox 360 games.

by Google13 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:43 pm

Do AC3. One of the best games ever made.
There is no need to fear, Google is here!
Google13

by Drawed » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:09 pm

Google13 wrote:Do AC3. One of the best games ever made.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You are joking right?
Drawed

by cloud » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:51 am

i would certainly hope so, especially considering ive played, dont even like, and am better than google at it.
CSn's professional thread killer.
cloud
Donator
Hey look. It's that one guy.

by CR33D » Fri May 24, 2013 4:53 pm

ACII series was the shit. 3 Was Okay
I deal ¹º² Damage with my favorite gun.
I also spend way to much time on the forum.

HOW THE **** DO I GET IMAGES WORKING?

http://i.imgur.com/3pXBPQs.gif
CR33D

by Someone Special » Fri May 24, 2013 6:41 pm

CR33D wrote:

ACII series was the shit. 3 Was Okay

I prefer the original AC. I found it the best.
Someone Special
Pink Admin

Return to Community Reviews and Commentary