Sim city....

You review games and life. We post it in the blog

Sim city....

by Failhorse » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:32 pm

Price? Who cares. Not on Steam.
I'm going to put the brakes on this review right now.

1) DLC available before the game in even released.

2) Origin + You must be online to play the game.

3) The price.... WTF!!!!

Personally take to much offense to how they are selling this game. Basically thru Origin + must be online 100% of the time. This isn't even going into the issues with single player. Because they doesn't even really exist. If you are old enough to remember. Simcity. Get bored... Destroy your city.... Wake up 2 days later. Load the save and continue... You cannot do this anymore. Sim City 4 features are gone too. Want to build a highway to whomever connects to you? Welll you can't.

I've been playing sim city since 1996. I'm not impressed.

Discuss.
Failhorse
Red Admin

Re: Sim city....

by LegendarySurgeon » Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:25 am

I want to like this game... but I just don't think any rendition will be quite as good as SimCity 2000 or my vague memories of the original SimCity played on a Mac Color Classic.
The mills of the gods grind slowly, but they grind exceedingly fine.

LegendarySurgeon
Donator
☺ Dabbling Conversationalist

by Knees of Justice » Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:21 am

It's a bit disappointing. While the Glass Box engine is really amazing, city sizes are smaller and there's no terraforming. Having predefined regions and "always online" DRM sucks. It's also rather sad that DLC will undoubtedly be exploited with the game.

Really, I want to like SimCity, but it's going to be tough.
MY SWORD HAND TWITCHES...
Knees of Justice
Pink Admin
Hey there

by megamoose » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:27 am

Simcity was great, before they had all of these doohickey updates and newer models of it. I think I still have SimCity 2000 though...
megamoose
Donator

by Arty_pn » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:17 am

I remember playing the snes version w/ my sister. I bet EA is gonna dlc it to death and/or make a new version 1 year from now.
Arty_pn

by Beartato » Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:09 pm

I want to like this, but there's too many negatives. The core game mechanics look really cool, but I fear they lack depth. The game is not at all a successor to the SimCity line and really should have gotten a different name. And the always-online DRM...just no. (This is the kind of game I play when my internet gets borked.)

Also, how many people here have SimCity4? (Or would buy it. It gets pretty cheap when it's on sale.) Would there be interest in making a multiplayer region for the community?
I got tired of looking at Drawed's face.
Beartato

by Knees of Justice » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:11 pm

Soo... anyone want to start up a CSn region?

edit: Add me on Origin if you've got the game. My username is TheCaptainFalcon
MY SWORD HAND TWITCHES...
Knees of Justice
Pink Admin
Hey there

by xalde » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:49 am

I'm thinking this will just be like the game Spore all over again. Some neat gameplay ideas, but horrible management and implementing of everything.
xalde
Donator

by Thret » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:09 am

I admit, I bought this game today and I love it so far. My Origin ID or whatever is CSn_Thret. There is much more strategy involved than the game initially seems to have. Your city, just like in the real world, cannot be great at everything. That's where the region comes in. You NEED other cities in the region to make up for your shortcomings. This can be done by friends, random internet douchebags, or, if the region is invite only, you can just make a bunch of cities in the region yourself. At that point, instead of managing one city, you're managing three or five or seven individual cities that all interact with each other.

That said, Origin is fucking terrible and I die a little inside whenever I realize I bought something from EA.

P.S.- I would love to start a CSn region. I'd like to focus on Education.
Thret

by Newport » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:54 am

gg Thret.

"Ruler Zig Zag, Zig-Allah jam is fatal, Quick to stick my Wu-Tang sword right through ya navel"
"You can see the weakness of a man right through his iris, Un-loyal snakes get thrown in boilin lakes"
Newport

Return to Community Reviews and Commentary