CSN Star Citizen Org? Plz add name examples!!

A place for serious conversation. Follow the rules!

Are you gonna play Star Citizen when it releases?

Poll ended at Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:50 am

Hell yeah, i wanna buy my own ship and do CSn Org teamwork!
40%
Yes, but can't afford my own ship but wanna join and help out on someone else ship as medic/cannon man etc, and work on that to earn ingame money. (Teamwork)
33%
Im not even interested in the game and don't care damnit!
27%

Total votes : 15

CSN Star Citizen Org? Plz add name examples!!

by Balubish » Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:50 am

So I thought making a poll for the first time to see how many that are interested or curious at all playing Star Citizen when it releases next year.
My main plan if we have enough ppl to make an Organization we will need to make up a good name for it and will come up later.

So what can I do in Star Citizen, well that is kinda hard to answer cause you can do anyting on release with space influences ofcourse.
My personal plan for this is to be a calm Org, that for example do trading, mining, salvage to earn ingame currency.
And its alot of side work also, you can act as a police, milita, rescue and so on.
Pirates are also in the game but, I dont think we should focus on that, atleast not at first.

Say we put in each one that join an ammount of money and buy a big ship, trading ship or similar to transport stuff.
We can have ppl working on that ship and some smaller ships help transport the cargo safety and earn ingame money and split it up fairly. Cause we cant only have one big ship cause pirates will always be an issue and will raid the ship.
And the more we earn as a group the better ship we can upgrade guns or ships in general to evolve bigger and bigger.

So just to see the interest I made this voting and If it is ppl that want to I might need some ppl helping out with the ORG.

This voting is going on 14days from now. Feel free to add name suggestions, will add them below on this first post and then we can vote on them aswell.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Thread Update!
This is how the ORG setup looks.
What Archetype should we be, I vote for just regular ORG.
For me the primary will be Transport/Trading, doing missions that give us coin and dont fuck with the space police (atleast not to start with fluff) ;) ,
yes you will probably get busted. I guess we still can do some shady stuff in the background, transport criminals or whatever.
And think we can do all kinds of different missions as we wish. And as Rumors said he wanted to do Cowboystuff like bounty hunting.
Sure the more mix the more fun it will be and we can help as a team collecting some douchebag on the otherside of space by providing help flying with him on these missions.
Who knows, could be gangs to take in. 8-) And to be hounest, a CSn group of high tier FPS players as we are going into a building or base or similar, I think we will kick some ass then :twisted:

The more mix the better I guess. And im not sure if someone would do pirate stuff stealing a ship if it affects the whole org or just the player, cause cops will be alerted.
Would be hilarious if Rumors get a mission and bounty hunt down Fluff fo sho ;)

And our main rule I think should be if we do missions as a group we split the profit fairly to each one in that team at that point.
We should split the profit after refueling, healing or whatever the mission have cost to do. I know fuel will cost, but still to early to say how much, might be so small we can just ignore that.
Don't know if repairing costs probably. But doing missions is made to make profit and survive on that so all cost with fuel and stuff shouldn't eat up all the profit. Like work and taxes :) But more fun.
And if you log in do missions urself, you keep all the profit urself. Sounds fair?

But think the face outwards should be Transport/trading first, second Freelancing or Exploration as a startup. You can probably change this over time otherwise we can make a second one I guess.
And really dont think we should be a role-playing org on startup. Or we could risk it and see what happens, could be interesting right? :) Thoughts?
Might get alot of weird missions for the org that way.

Organization names I've come up with, 10 is the highest like if you wonder what those numbers stand fore behind the names.
1-10 liking
My Org name examples:
Federation of Constellations - 9
Collective of Systems - 8
Union of Constellations - 9
Sun's Kingdom - 5
Star's Government - 7
Representative Planets -3
Grand Collective of Systems - 8
Sun's Dynasty - 7
Provisional Systems - 5
Alliance of Stars - 10
Space Balls - 10
Provision Systems - 10
Wormhole Junkies - 9
Last edited by Balubish on Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:02 am, edited 15 times in total.

Current rank: Terminator
0% Kills needed: 0 (0%)
Balubish
Donator
I drink to keep evil outside!

Re: So who is up for a CSN Star Citizen Org?

by Rumors » Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:58 am

I would do that. I hope I can do bounty hunting on the side. Totally want to be pseudo-cowboy bebop.

Be a legit cargo trading service but underneath we have a secret army, sounds awesome.
Image[/url]Image
Rumors
Donator
Penndragoon

by Balubish » Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:01 am

Rumors wrote:I would do that. I hope I can do bounty hunting on the side. Totally want to be pseudo-cowboy bebop.

Be a legit cargo trading service but underneath we have a secret army, sounds awesome.

Yeah you can, what I meant by pirate is pure evil intensions. Bounty hunting is actually kinda the police side.
Why I mean we cant start as pirates or atleast how I feel is because beeing a pirate and only live on stealing stuff will make it harder to evolve I think.
You cant land on all planets and are now allowed into certain cities and so on, or you can land but arent allowed to buy weps and such.
So by trading or doing "good" missions as I call it we can do good and still earn money in the org evolving us up.
I hope im right on that.

Balubish
Donator

by Someone Special » Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:20 pm

Sounds hella fun
Someone Special
Pink Admin

by flufffage » Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:22 pm

i would love to but am on laptop thus i highly doubt i can even run the game rip graphics :c

i wanna be space pirate tho :ccccccccc
#opinions
pinkmins more like saltmins amirite
flufffage
Pink Admin
the rare hellobird

by Balubish » Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:45 pm

flufffage wrote:i would love to but am on laptop thus i highly doubt i can even run the game rip graphics :c

Maybe join the dark side later on ;) and the game isnt cooming out yet so plenty of time to upgrade if you still want in :)

Balubish
Donator

by flufffage » Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:00 pm

Balubish wrote:
flufffage wrote:i would love to but am on laptop thus i highly doubt i can even run the game rip graphics :c

Maybe join the dark side later on ;) and the game isnt cooming out yet so plenty of time to upgrade if you still want in :)

WELL THEN WHY ARE WE TALKING ABOUT IT NOW?
???????????
???????????????????????
?????

they hype, it kills
#opinions
pinkmins more like saltmins amirite
flufffage
Pink Admin
the rare hellobird

by Balubish » Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:33 pm

flufffage wrote:
Balubish wrote:

WELL THEN WHY ARE WE TALKING ABOUT IT NOW?
???????????
???????????????????????
?????

they hype, it kills

So I can start planning on an ORG ofcourse duh!

Balubish
Donator

by DerKrieger105 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:02 pm

Let me know in 2 years when the game comes out. If it isn't all rendered irrelevant by the singularity.
CSn Bluemin- I'm pretentious and never leave the mic.

DerKrieger105
Blue Admin

by Someone Special » Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:44 pm

Someone Special wrote:Sounds hella fun

I should probably buy this. Apparently I'm able to run it.
Someone Special
Pink Admin

by megamoose » Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:32 pm

Someone Special wrote:

Good job quoting yourself! xD

Game too much money, can't play on bad computer. No thanks, but cool idea!
megamoose
Donator

by Someone Special » Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:39 pm

megamoose wrote:
Someone Special wrote:

Good job quoting yourself! xD

Game too much money, can't play on bad computer. No thanks, but cool idea!

You could also just spend 40$ on the cheapest aircraft, if i'm not mistaken.
Someone Special
Pink Admin

by megamoose » Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:01 pm

I should probably get a job here on my campus... So much stuff, so little money... Agghhhhh.
megamoose
Donator

by Boehner » Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:00 am

I could be down if it actually comes out. I've heard a lot of negativity about it's actual chances of success, so who knows?
Boehner
Donator

by Balubish » Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:36 am

Boehner wrote:I could be down if it actually comes out. I've heard a lot of negativity about it's actual chances of success, so who knows?

Yeah that negativity is mostly trolls and EVE Online players. I've been a registered user since April 2014 and can't understand why it wouldn't come out. So much negativity in this world and trolls.

They have provided as promised so far so dont understand why they would just stop, makes no sense.

The FPS engine is probably cooming out really soon, they have been working hard on glitches and alot of weird shit.
Reason I believe that is because I logged in yesterday and have a medium or heavy armor set on my character that we didnt have before.

And Moose, I think the cheapest game package is $35, but you dont have to buy anything yet, its all up to anyone if you wanna spend money now or when it is finished on release.
And later on you can Cross-Chassi upgrade the ship to a better ship when earning ingame money. So if you cant afford now its no problem, its still not out and you can join the org at any point so :) .
And doing dogfighting or racing or FPS will give you REC, ingame renting money. I have already tested it and you can rent better ships or guns for example.
I did a 35 min run yesterday on Team play against AI ships and earned about 1500rec thanks to that just to give you an example.

Here is renting price on ships and so on right now, this will be massivly changed with more items.
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/electronic-access

Balubish
Donator

by Boehner » Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:57 am

The original pitch was having the entire game out by now, that's a pretty big promise broken. I think the game's got potential, but there's some real issues I've seen with it's development that just get handwaved away, and that's not taking into account the rumor and scuttlebutt that's popped up the last month or so.
Boehner
Donator

by Balubish » Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:53 pm

Boehner wrote:The original pitch was having the entire game out by now, that's a pretty big promise broken. I think the game's got potential, but there's some real issues I've seen with it's development that just get handwaved away, and that's not taking into account the rumor and scuttlebutt that's popped up the last month or so.

Well they put goals up ofcourse, that does all the devs do, except EA etc. EA broke BF4 for me, today 2 years later its kinda playable. Not Dice fault but EA. So its really what this mainstream gamers prefer. Yeah they prefer an unstable game.
They publish broken games. Weirdly enough ppl accept that more than having a game that are beeing developed postponed til its working properly.
Batman, same fucking problem, Assassins Creed and so on.

Sorry dont understand what scuttlebutt is and what rumor?

Balubish
Donator

by Boehner » Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:10 pm

The rumor stuff is the Derek smart stuff that's been floating around about their supposed finances and supposed behavior of the executives in charge. I don't really care about it.

What really worries me is the fact that Chris Roberts is micromanaging a project this big, when managing each individual part is a full time job. There aren't enough hours in a day for a dude to do that right, especially when he's effectively shooting a movie for Squadron. Often he's only getting involved when something is near completion, and often tells them to scrap it and start from scratch. That is easily the easiest way to never get anything done, which is why they keep missing milestones. I'm in the software development field, so crap like that is a huge warning flag to me. I really don't think SC is going to have that bright of a future unless there's some sort of reorganization. I hate to use the P-word, but Star citizen would probably benefit from a publisher paring down the feature bloat and smacking Chris in the head when he tells his artists to start over for the 5th time on a new spaceship.

My issue isn't that he's a perfectionist, it's that he's not involved in the base processes enough to actually be a perfectionist. On a project this big you need leads or producers who can sign off on stuff at every stage, and really, Star Citizen doesn't have one.
Boehner
Donator

by Balubish » Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:22 pm

Boehner wrote:The rumor stuff is the Derek smart stuff that's been floating around about their supposed finances and supposed behavior of the executives in charge. I don't really care about it.

What really worries me is the fact that Chris Roberts is micromanaging a project this big, when managing each individual part is a full time job. There aren't enough hours in a day for a dude to do that right, especially when he's effectively shooting a movie for Squadron. Often he's only getting involved when something is near completion, and often tells them to scrap it and start from scratch. That is easily the easiest way to never get anything done, which is why they keep missing milestones. I'm in the software development field, so crap like that is a huge warning flag to me. I really don't think SC is going to have that bright of a future unless there's some sort of reorganization. I hate to use the P-word, but Star citizen would probably benefit from a publisher paring down the feature bloat and smacking Chris in the head when he tells his artists to start over for the 5th time on a new spaceship.

My issue isn't that he's a perfectionist, it's that he's not involved in the base processes enough to actually be a perfectionist. On a project this big you need leads or producers who can sign off on stuff at every stage, and really, Star Citizen doesn't have one.

Yeah that is all fair points I guess, no argue on that, and yeah I have been kinda eager myself and probably many others that dont understand why they add more and more ships all the time but no general progress.
Could be that he is picky as fuck fo sho and that brings it back all the time. Would be stupid though cause his main plan is to update it for atleast 10 years or more when it releases with items and all that kind of stuff.

And he did hire an old college "if that is the right word" to make Squadron 42, that said they make they storyline and the complete universe, and to be hounest I dont think he is on many projects to be hounest he mostly present the stuff going on but I could be wrong. I know he was in EU to shoot the movement of the characters. Its going to slow for my liking aswell. But to compare it, I still have rust and its still in Alpha and its still glitchy, so is Star Citizen.

The biggest problem I think is the quality output they want to give us is super high, I cant complain on the graphics one bit and looking on the FPS pictures I cant complain there either. But sure I do understand all ur points and yes you should be careful with kickstarter games. But I see it this way, if he dont deliver after beeing crowdfunded for about 200 million dollars, he will get "fragged".
Imagine what 200k+ ppl will do if they get all that money ripped off, will make him 200 new assholes to shit from.

But I dont think he is that stupid. I still have hope and see some progress now and then, and sure he had the goal of the FPS module to be released this spring and arent still out, but i have also seen the bugs they have been working on so understand why they havent released it to the public.

Elite Dangerous and No Man's Sky ppl have faith in, similar games but not, and they have even bigger worlds. Think the biggest reason ppl are pissed on Star Citizen is the promise that you can do anything in it cause it sounds impossible with the graphics and I agree, it sounds to good to be true.

*Holding Thumbs*

Balubish
Donator

Re: CSN Star Citizen Org? Plz add name examples!!

by Balubish » Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:56 am

Plz add name examples and I can start building up a ORG for us!

Look at first post!

Balubish
Donator

by Someone Special » Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:05 pm

Hmmmm. The Intergalactic Norse Raiders?
Someone Special
Pink Admin

by Rumors » Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:50 pm

Heralds of Ragnarok.

Planet Express. heh

The Galactic Pony Express.

Mercury Consignments.

Stellar Falcon.

Starbutts Division 69.

Just ideas.
Image[/url]Image
Rumors
Donator
Penndragoon

by Balubish » Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:53 am

Sorry but the the middle vote got kinda wrong you still need buy buy a gamepackage (Buying the game). I forgot even if you wanna play with others in bigger ships you need to buy the game.
That includes a gamepackage with Squadron 42 and you might need to add Arena Commander pass if you dont have that in the package if you wanna train with your ship.
The basic pledge package differs alot in prices. Just wanted to clear that out. The game isnt free. But sure the prices might change on release.
As for now I think the cheapest is around $40 depending on where you live. I have to pay 25% Vat aswell :( Commie bastards.

And I say as I said to Fluff, start with the cheapest and you can either upgrade to another ship at a later point, either with money or ingame currency.
The ingame currency will come when the game releases just a notice. You can upgrade later on anyway so doesnt matter.

Lastly If someone want the honor doing the Org im happy to release it and destroy the one I made yesterday.
Right now I feel to eager to get this setup and jump ahead alot making us a "space home" and so I stop spamming this forum about it.

So the best might be if someone else took it over maybe :idea: :?:
Special, Rumors, Fluff, Lowsound, anyone?

Fuuuuuck! Just saw I cant invite players to the Org unless they have a gamepackage, damnit! Well that idea died fast. Tried to invite penndragoon but said that you cant invite players without gamepackage. Damnit.

Balubish
Donator

by Rumors » Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:21 am

Balubish wrote:
Fuuuuuck! Just saw I cant invite players to the Org unless they have a gamepackage, damnit! Well that idea died fast. Tried to invite penndragoon but said that you cant invite players without gamepackage. Damnit.

Yeah, I was reading through the specifics last night. I thought I was able to just create an account and jump on someone else's ship or org.

I'll most likely get myself one of thos $45 ship starters soon, depending on how far in I get once Fallout 4 comes out. It'll most likely be sometime around mid-November. Hopefully by then I've gotten my new GPU as well so I'll have the perfect reason to try it out.
Image[/url]Image
Rumors
Donator
Penndragoon

by Balubish » Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:40 am

Rumors wrote:
Balubish wrote:

Yeah, I was reading through the specifics last night. I thought I was able to just create an account and jump on someone else's ship or org.

I'll most likely get myself one of thos $45 ship starters soon, depending on how far in I get once Fallout 4 comes out. It'll most likely be sometime around mid-November. Hopefully by then I've gotten my new GPU as well so I'll have the perfect reason to try it out.

Yeah I thought ppl could just buy a pass to join other players thanks to multicrew ships :oops:
But still if you wanna join on my bigger one I have 3 extra spots. Could always need one extra running the turret.

Balubish
Donator

Return to Intense Debate