Getting lag ingame each second! (Kinda Solved)

A place for serious conversation. Follow the rules!

Getting lag ingame each second! (Kinda Solved)

by Balubish » Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:33 pm

So I just installed windows 10. Updates have been installed and DirectX etc. It worked fine yesterday but now I got this lag again. In Windows 7 it was easy to see what cause the problem, now not so much.

But I have gotten a constant lag each half or every second. Mouse, sound, and game lag at the same time.
I've had this before, and know it was some software in the background that was loading each second. Now though I can really see wich one it is, cause its several processes working at the same time.

HALP!!! Cant play! And it is about 10 process that jump around all the time each second.

Edit!!!
I kinda can play now, in window mode, for some stupid reason.
Last edited by Balubish on Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Current rank: Terminator
0% Kills needed: 0 (0%)
Balubish
Donator
I drink to keep evil outside!

Re: Need some help! Getting lag ingame each second!

by Rumors » Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:12 pm

That's really odd. Those processes shouldn't cause any sort of lag. If it's mouse, video and audio lagging at the same time it has to be either CPU or GPU. If your CPU isn't using that many resources I would suspect the GPU. It could be possible that the most recent driver for your GPU hasn't been optimized for Win10 yet. I'm just speculating of course. I'm going to upgrade sometime this week. I hope I don't run into same issues on my rig. >_<

Is your ping otherwise okay?
Image[/url]Image
Rumors
Donator
Penndragoon

by Balubish » Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:22 pm

Rumors wrote:That's really odd. Those processes shouldn't cause any sort of lag. If it's mouse, video and audio lagging at the same time it has to be either CPU or GPU. If your CPU isn't using that many resources I would suspect the GPU. It could be possible that the most recent driver for your GPU hasn't been optimized for Win10 yet. I'm just speculating of course. I'm going to upgrade sometime this week. I hope I don't run into same issues on my rig. >_<

Is your ping otherwise okay?

Well im pretty sure its a process, but wich? I've had this problem before in Win7. But then it was easy to figure out.
Well its only ingame. I can watch videos etc. But when I start a game up even in menu it starts lagging, sound, mouse.
And it worked well yesterday. And the only thing I can come up with is Win update, Direcx that might have been updated automaticly.

Balubish
Donator

by Rumors » Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:27 pm

Most I've been able to find is people experiencing similar issues.
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/wind ... fc2?auth=1
Image[/url]Image
Rumors
Donator
Penndragoon

by Balubish » Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:31 pm

Yeah almost forgot, it only seems to be TF2 at this moment that does this.

Balubish
Donator

by Doctor Galaxy » Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:34 pm

Might not be the definitive cause, but Windows 10 had a ton of things that get turned on in background and used constantly on your comp when initially upgraded to it. I noticed this when I first got it that there was some tiles and whatnot that were actively using my internet, despite me not even using it, so I searched around and found a post that recommended turning some things off.
http://windows.wonderhowto.com/inspiration/everything-you-need-disable-windows-10-0163552/
Made my connection go back to normal and actually helped with performance afterwards. Hopefully this helps you a bit.
Doctor Galaxy
Pink Admin

by Rumors » Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:53 pm

Doctor Galaxy wrote:Might not be the definitive cause, but Windows 10 had a ton of things that get turned on in background and used constantly on your comp when initially upgraded to it. I noticed this when I first got it that there was some tiles and whatnot that were actively using my internet, despite me not even using it, so I searched around and found a post that recommended turning some things off.
http://windows.wonderhowto.com/inspiration/everything-you-need-disable-windows-10-0163552/
Made my connection go back to normal and actually helped with performance afterwards. Hopefully this helps you a bit.

Yeah, I read one of the big things that Win10 does with your internet is it basically turns your machine into a server to assist in distributing its Windows Updates to other machines. That could have the potential to severely dampen your internet performance, especially if your upload speed isn't too good.

That's something I'm going to disable the moment I'm done installing Win 10
Image[/url]Image
Rumors
Donator
Penndragoon

by Balubish » Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:54 pm

Doctor Galaxy wrote:Might not be the definitive cause, but Windows 10 had a ton of things that get turned on in background and used constantly on your comp when initially upgraded to it. I noticed this when I first got it that there was some tiles and whatnot that were actively using my internet, despite me not even using it, so I searched around and found a post that recommended turning some things off.

Thanks for your fast response guys :D I tried turning alot of and the link you gave me Rumors helped maybe, im gonna get my MB drivers from Asus directly instead and see if it helps.
It did install what I think is the correct soundriver software from Asus automaticly in Win10 wich is pretty awesome, dont have to care, until problems like this appaer, hopefully these steps will help, I'll get back on that when I have installed new drivers for the soundcard.

Balubish
Donator

by Balubish » Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:55 pm

Rumors wrote:

Yeah, I read one of the big things that Win10 does with your internet is it basically turns your machine into a server to assist in distributing its Windows Updates to other machines. That could have the potential to severely dampen your internet performance, especially if your upload speed isn't too good.

Well yeah, but its not the connection, its no UL/DL loss that would affect my Steam each second.
Im trying to verify TF2 now and see if it helps.
Asus latest drivers for this MB is 2014, dayum. Dont know if I can use Win 8.1 drivers. They have non for Win 10.

Balubish
Donator

by Rumors » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:00 pm

Balubish wrote:
Rumors wrote:

Well yeah, but its not the connection, its no UL/DL loss that would affect my Steam each second.
Im trying to verify TF2 now and see if it helps.
Asus latest drivers for this MB is 2014, dayum. Dont know if I can use Win 8.1 drivers. They have non for Win 10.

Yeah, I'm sure Asus is just staring to rollout hardware with Win10 on it so their support section might not have current drivers yet. Soon I would think.
Image[/url]Image
Rumors
Donator
Penndragoon

by Balubish » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:13 pm

Damnit, no TF2 for me.
Why could I play the other days damnit. Can it be something with DX updates?
Dotnet

Balubish
Donator

by Rumors » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:49 pm

Maybe try a system restore to a day or two ago and see if that does the trick. If that's the case then it may have been an update of some sort. Try running in DX8 too if all else fails. Might not hurt to try running as administrator in windows compatibility mode as Windows 7
Image[/url]Image
Rumors
Donator
Penndragoon

by Balubish » Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:28 pm

I also checked the FPS now, and every second when it happens it drops like 20-40fps even if im in menu or stand still. Its like micro freezes the system each half second/second.

Balubish
Donator

by TH3_SHAD0W_SAMUR4I » Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:49 pm

Great now I'm too scared to update. I think il play it safe and stay with win 8.1. :/
Kim Jong Bob : Medic, yes!
(TEAM) |WBG| Tep's : gg med, you're the best!
WANT TO PLAY IN FRESH MEAT CUP : credit to med

^^
Better Medic than Lia
TH3_SHAD0W_SAMUR4I

by Balubish » Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:05 pm

TH3_SHAD0W_SAMUR4I wrote:Great now I'm too scared to update. I think il play it safe and stay with win 8.1. :/

Well it worked well for 2 days, now it doesnt, some process I think that are in the background reading each second.

Balubish
Donator

by Balubish » Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:24 pm

Solved just a little bit. If I switch down to 720p it stops and switch back to 1080p I can play. If I alt+tab out to windows and go back it comes back again. Aint that a weird fucking problem.

Balubish
Donator

by Rumors » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:53 pm

Balubish wrote:Solved just a little bit. If I switch down to 720p it stops and switch back to 1080p I can play. If I alt+tab out to windows and go back it comes back again. Aint that a weird fucking problem.

That would be supremely annoying. Have you tried running TF2 in windowed fullscreen mode rather than just fullscreen? I also disable certain things like the splashscreen at start up and some other things through the launch options in the properties in your Steam library. Just throwing that out there if that hasn't been tried yet
Image[/url]Image
Rumors
Donator
Penndragoon

by Balubish » Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:40 am

Rumors wrote:
Balubish wrote:Solved just a little bit. If I switch down to 720p it stops and switch back to 1080p I can play. If I alt+tab out to windows and go back it comes back again. Aint that a weird fucking problem.

That would be supremely annoying. Have you tried running TF2 in windowed fullscreen mode rather than just fullscreen? I also disable certain things like the splashscreen at start up and some other things through the launch options in the properties in your Steam library. Just throwing that out there if that hasn't been tried yet

Yeah I tested it yesterday, it works in window mode, but now I have a window etching into my eyes.

Balubish
Donator

by Someone Special » Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:00 am

Balubish wrote:
Rumors wrote:

Yeah I tested it yesterday, it works in window mode, but now I have a window etching into my eyes.

Balubish, add -windowed -fullscreen to your launch options. Should give you fullscreen, but in an easily alt tabbable Window.
Someone Special
Pink Admin

by Balubish » Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:31 pm

Someone Special wrote:
Balubish, add -windowed -fullscreen to your launch options. Should give you fullscreen, but in an easily alt tabbable Window.

Thanks checked ur link, work better now but the text should be -windowed -borderless

Balubish
Donator

Return to Intense Debate