Are you getting low frames per second on new games?

A place for serious conversation. Follow the rules!

Are you getting low frames per second on new games?

by Balubish » Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:14 pm

This is basicly a silent review on how much power AA really takes from your frames per second. SMAA, MSAA or TXAA.
Maybe you have an older card and you get some lag at some intense battles ingame for example. The main reason I did this is that ppl dont seem to understand sometimes even in TF2 how game physics seems to work.
There are now and then ppl in our servers saying they got lag. Well 99% of the time they have shitty connection "Cough! Wi-Fi". And the rest actually have framedrops. I always have an FPS counter in the corner when playing cause I have Nvidia Shadow Play in the background if I wanna record something that happens ingame, and because im a performance N3rd.

And what I can see even though I have an high-end card and OC like a mofo it actually drops down to around 80fps in TF2 in intense parts of the game. I do know the card can handle it holding that cap of 300fps even in intense fighting parts when alot is happening. What I relized lately when checking it up is that the card is not running at 100% cause the card can handle it anyways. So i checked how much power it took, say about 30-50%.
So if you have a card that is older say from 2010 or even older. It might run at 100% but still get frame drops lower than 60fps and you get that feeling in intense parts of the game as lag.

So I made this simple video in Crysis 3 standing on the same spot changing the AA settings and even graphics settings to show how much you really can gain if your running on an older card. So hope this is helpful for somebody. And the whole test is in the same resolution 1920x1080p Best regards Balubish

Current rank: Terminator
0% Kills needed: 0 (0%)
Balubish
Donator
I drink to keep evil outside!

Return to Intense Debate