Blizzard / Battlenet Bullshit! "Warning"

A place for serious conversation. Follow the rules!

Blizzard / Battlenet Bullshit! "Warning"

by Balubish » Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:36 am

1,5 hour ago I wanted to play some Starcraft 2 cause it was a while. Can't log in. "Fuckin shit"
Went to their battlenet site trying to reinlogg to my account, even sent 3 times passwords to "my phone". Still no luck. I was thinking wtf is this shit. I bought 2 games but I cant play them. Other one is Diablo 3.
So I tried to find contacs etc on their site wich was not easy to begin with but I found it later. And started a chat with some guy over there.

This is a shortend version of the real chat that I had with the guy:
Me: I cant access my account and want to play the games I bought.
Battlenet: Ok, send me a pic of your ID or Drivers license.
Me: Are u for real?
Battlenet: Yeah I need to verify that it is the same person that have the account you wish to log into.
Me: Fuck dat man, I bought 2 games from you guys and I didnt fuckin show my ID or Drivers license when I bought them, they cant help u for shit!!! "At this point I was so fuckin angry"
Battlenet: Yeah we need a pic and drivers license id and date when they go out.
Me: You can forget that man, so you say I can just throw those games away? Cause I will never in my life upload my drivers license on the net!
Battlenet: But we need them to verify that it is you...
Me: Bullshit, I got 3 verification messages to "my" phone via "my" mail throu "Your" site. How the hell can that be hacked or stolen. If so someone stole my mail and my phone at the same time that would make sense but that isnt happening in a real world situation man!
Battlenet: Well that is what I need to help you, and we will remove it a minute later.
Me: I will never upload my drivers license on the net for secure reasons. Even if you say that you guys will throw that pic away a minute later. I call that profiling! As I said I didnt show you guys my ID when I bought the games so you know its bullshit man!
This shit went on for about 15minutes or so.
Me: I have played games for about 15 years "I tought about it later on that it might just above 20 years" and never had to upload my drivers license or ID.
Me: I can send u a pic of my hardcopy game on the CD and the keycode thats it!!
Battlenet: Ok send me a pic of that.
Battlenet: Try login now.
Me: Still didnt work
Battlenet: Try now.
Me: Ok works now

Took about 1 hour total to discuss and fix that shit and pissed me off so much about that ID pic he wanted wtf is up with that.
The end problem was thier secure Authenticator code. Thanks alot so I would give a pic with my drivers license for that FUCK THAT! Im really mad right now about that shit. And I felt shit like that need to be shared for hilarous reactions or whatev. :) I hope you will enjoy my frustrating day.

End note: If someone on the net asks u for your ID or Drivers License just tell them to fuck off! Cause if you bought a game as this example and didnt show ur ID when u bought it. Thats the alarm bell you should listen for.
That is just plain old profiling shit right there. So beware on the net my good friends. And you might ask but you did take a pic of your game and keycode, yeah so what, I rahter lose 1 game than my identity and maybe money etc. :idea:

Best regards Balubish

Current rank: Terminator
0% Kills needed: 0 (0%)
Balubish
Donator
I drink to keep evil outside!

Re: Blizzard / Battlenet Bullshit! "Warning"

by Ron Swansons Stache » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:27 am

That is very bizarre and I can't imagine that being proper protocol. Asking for a pic of a license? Even any kind of ID seems a bit crazy, were there no other confirmations like a security question? I've never dealt with Blizzard because I don't play any of their games, but that is wild.
YOU JUST GOT BUTT CHUNDERED!
Ron Swansons Stache
Blue Admin

Re: Blizzard / Battlenet Bullshit! "Warning"

by Balubish » Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:27 am

Ron Swansons Stache wrote:That is very bizarre and I can't imagine that being proper protocol. Asking for a pic of a license? Even any kind of ID seems a bit crazy, were there no other confirmations like a security question? I've never dealt with Blizzard because I don't play any of their games, but that is wild.

Nope no secure question. They went from I cant log into my account too my Drivers License.

Current rank: Terminator
0% Kills needed: 0 (0%)
Balubish
Donator
I drink to keep evil outside!

Return to Intense Debate