Star Citizen = Space MMO

A place for serious conversation. Follow the rules!

Star Citizen = Space MMO

by Balubish » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:12 am

This is a an unfinished game but you can buy couple of ships and start playing right away and have ur own docks and several ships. Can buy ships that aren't done too and get it when they are finished with the hud, animations and such.

When the finished game is developed that are "modified CryEngine 3 engine for that sweet fuckin looks" you will be able to do pretty much anything in the game.
You can transport cargo to different planets and earn ingame money, upgrade ur ship/s with more and different weapons, more space for cargo. And maybe buy new ships, not really sure about that.
They game have its on universe and u can visit planets to collect cargo, stuff u find that u can collect and have on your own ship or in your ship parking lot :) Dogfighting other players or just be a plain old pirate, but in the future.
You can open the universe map to choose what solar system or planets u wanna go too or maybe even join a friend fighting on a specific solar system or planet to help out.
I have seen this game been using the Oculus Rift too for more real life experience so they will probably develop inbuilt Rift support into it if they haven't already done it.
Graphics looks amazing, and I am a graphics n3rd. All I can say I created my account yesterday waiting for payday and will by my drunk ass a ship. Note: They hope to have the game finished 2015 if I dont recall it wrong.
Star Citizen became the highest raising crowd-funded project ever. And in my personal opinion it seems great.

Here is some viewing from PAX 2014. And here are more specs from thier own site about the game. :arrow: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/about-the-game

Current rank: Terminator
0% Kills needed: 0 (0%)
Balubish
Donator
I drink to keep evil outside!

Re: Star Citizen = Space MMO

by Balubish » Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:42 pm

Today I upgraded my ship from Aurora MR+ to a Origin 300i. Alot faster and more agile. So now I can finally challange the other guys.
So here is a first fight flight in TDM with it. If you gonna play the game, for GOD SAKE dont buy an Aurora. I couldnt survive longer than 5 seconds. Crap ship even RSI knows it and lowered the cost for it about $30 since i bought it.
The released the multiplayer maybe a week ago so its still new I think :)

Balubish
Donator

by Balubish » Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:21 am

Here is Capture the Core basicly cap the flag. I guess I got some flying skills. Team won and I topscored in my team ;D
Also showing off my new ship, the white one is a loaner its the grey one that is mine.

Balubish
Donator

by Balubish » Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:46 pm

Here is an explanation on how the Economy are basicly gonna work ingame.

Balubish
Donator

by Balubish » Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:54 pm

Good evening guys! Yesterday I learned I can downscale 4K to 1080p on my PC and just had to try see how Star Citizen looked. Hoooly shit it looks sweet in 4K so I did some short videos of the test ships we backers have the honour to test out for a week. I did my own wallpapers in windows etc. So im playing in 4K quality with my 1080p screen and get much better graphics even though my screen is only a 1080p. Im gonna post another compilation video of different games in 4K so you guys can see how other games may look that you might play. But Star Citizen are on its own level. But I did test Bioshock Infinite, Crysis 3, TF2 and more. I did some recordings yesterday but at 4K my regular disks that had the temp recording spot did currupt the files so I have to redo them. And yeah those 3GB were maxed out long before 4K and the performance dropped alot, but still many games I could play with nice frame times. Anyways, back to SC, here are the recordings and and the screens I took.

Here are the pics I took with fraps just to show when completly still how nice it looks.

Balubish
Donator

Return to Intense Debate