Server Feedback

Counter Strike Source and CS:GO

Server Feedback

by Failhorse » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:21 pm

We've been getting some action on the server. It doesn't last, so obviously we have some issues.
Who can this server be improved?
Failhorse
Red Admin

Re: Server Feedback

by JimBob » Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:40 pm

Who can this server? Nice grammar there, sir.

Anyway, from the few moments I've been on it, the only thing that I don't really like is how inactive it is. If we had more people, or if it filled faster, it would probably be better. From what I saw, it doesn't have HLXstats on? I think this would be some sort of improvement, but only when it starts to become more popular. Also, if we get in some bots, it could help fill the server too, as it's not just one person on CT sitting there saving the hostages every time. They would actually have to (maybe) kill the bots to get there.
๑ﭥ klanana: it's funny that you always thought i was a guy, named klare
JimBoBob: Fail, oaties!
๑ﭥ klanana: tbh, i always thought you were mean to me before because i was a girl
oaties: lol, really?
๑ﭥ klanana: then i found out you thought i was a guy.
JimBob

by Mad Anthony » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:43 pm

I'd like to see Gun game on the CS:S server. I think it's the perfect platform for competition and fun. A few prize filled events is all it may need!
Madness is to think of too many things in succession too fast, or of one thing too exclusively. - VOLTAIRE (1694-1778)
Mad Anthony
Donator

by JimBob » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:28 pm

Gungame would be fun, but only if it's random weapons. If it's normal (pistols first) then it's not that fun, imho. Same with starting with the "best" weapons (AWP, m4, etc.) and ending with pistols. The only two that don't change at all are the nade/knife. Or maybe knife/nade, but I think a nade is easier than a knife.
๑ﭥ klanana: tbh, i always thought you were mean to me before because i was a girl
JimBob

by Mad Anthony » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:13 pm

thanks jimbob for entertaining my thought. are you in favor of instant respawn?

216.52.148.99:27015 - here's a prime example of the original gun game mod.
Madness is to think of too many things in succession too fast, or of one thing too exclusively. - VOLTAIRE (1694-1778)
Mad Anthony
Donator

by JimBob » Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:11 pm

Ugh, I HATE instant respawn. On some maps, people can multi-level (if it's supported on the server) and with instant respawn just run around in their spawn, get a kill, run out, run back in, get a kill, run out... etc. etc. If it's possible to do like... 4 person instant respawn, but anything more you have to wait till next round, I think that would be fine.

I'll check out that server when I have time. I play on 208.146.44.60:27015 all the time. It's the only server I get less than 100 ping on...
JimBob

by Mad Anthony » Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:46 pm

Free frag has a weapon randomizer and their instant spawn is delayed 7 seconds. 69.175.70.181:27015
Mad Anthony
Donator

by JimBob » Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:39 pm

I refuse to play on free frag after I got cussed out for using the mic after someone was complaining about my 16-1 KDR. I play on carbon gaming, TAG (rarely, but I do), and HSX (currently down). If my ping were better on other servers, I would play there.

Anyway, how many of the redmin's will be willing to listen to problems regarding the CSS server, and update mods/etc. when needed? According to some people, there's one or two who MAY do this, which I find isn't very worth it.
JimBob

by Mad Anthony » Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:17 pm

duh
Mad Anthony
Donator

by Vetos » Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:40 pm

I only have like 10 hours logged in CS:S, and most of that was spent playing Jailbreak months ago. I reinstalled the game because you guys made this server, but whenever I check the server list to see if anyone's on, it's completely dead.

That's my feedback I guess. :?
Vetos

by Bullet Whiz » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:47 pm

Well in what i've seen the css server is going the same way as it did last time with meat boy's server no one is ever on I dont get why we made another one. Sorry to sound douchey but i dont see the point. :?
Least Involved In The Forums Ever!
Bullet Whiz
Donator
That One Lifeless Funserver Regular!

by Mad Anthony » Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:48 pm

We need a CSN CSS steam group. Then we need to invite players that are already playing the game. I think we need an event to kick off the steam group. Any suggestions?

we could have a raffle.. or create a gun game event where the winner receives a prize
Mad Anthony
Donator

by JimBob » Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:47 am

Bullet Whiz wrote:Well in what i've seen the css server is going the same way as it did last time with meat boy's server no one is ever on I dont get why we made another one. Sorry to sound douchey but i dont see the point. :?

From what I understand, Fingerman (correct me if I'm wrong?) had a spare CSS server just laying around and people were talking about CS:GO. He said we should start CSS to see if any people would play it.

@Mad Anthony The top 3 people in stats get donator status for a month? :P
JimBob

Return to Counter Strike