Finally Banned

Request a ban or contest a ban here.

Finally Banned

by Boler » Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:51 pm

Ironically, my first kick from the server was for killing a useless scout, and after todays bout with Vetos I was permanently banned for *being* a useless scout.

Vetos was bitching about having four scouts on egypt, and after five minutes of listening to this I really just stopped giving a fuck that he was admin and called him out, because I was getting sick of hearing it. We had a fun little dispute, and of course since he is an almighty admin, why reply rationally when you can mute and kick? After the first kick I wasn't sure if I had been kicked or not because it caused my game to crash, but when I reconnected I promptly reinitiated the arguement, which he hapilly threw his share of verbal throws as well, and after a little bit the dispute seemed to die down, but 5 minutes later, PERMABAN.

I'll be the first to say that I don't give a damn if someone is a big bad admin or not, I do not take well to egotistical players and I will call them out on it. I get along with other people on the server just fine, so I doubt the problem is solely me. If you have an intelligent arguement, fine, I'll reply back intelligently and reasonably, but if you think you are funny then come at me =U It isn't like other servers don't exist, but regardless of certain people in this community I don't care for I have come to enjoy playing with certain people here, but if I have to move on over extensive rage over how other people play video games, then whatever I suppose.
Image Image
I am a frequent user of random loadouts I don't really like.
Boler
Donator

Re: Finally Banned

by LegendarySurgeon » Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:59 pm

Your ban duration is only 24 hours. You can check ban durations at this link: Bans.
The mills of the gods grind slowly, but they grind exceedingly fine.

LegendarySurgeon
Donator
☺ Dabbling Conversationalist

by Boler » Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:02 pm

Well then the rest of my arguement still stands, but thank you for the information.
Image Image
Boler
Donator

by Vetos » Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:12 pm

You were not banned for being a "useless scout". You were banned for returning to the server to be a nuisance (basically trolling, ignoring me), after being muted and kicked for being a nuisance. I'd asked you a few times to calm down and you didn't, so I took action. Please don't distort the truth, and have a nice day.
Vetos

by Boler » Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:20 pm

I could ask the same of you, and the arguement was both only directed towards you, and a mutual arguement. Don't make it seem like I was antagonizing the entire server when, in reality all that happened was an arguement between you and I after having to listen to you complain about the class decision that I (and three other people made) for an extensive period of time. If you had been reasonable, and actually acted like an admin and asked respectfully for more to drop it, instead of using your position to "win" the arguement, I would have respected your wishes. However you did not, and this is not the first time we have had a disagreement, but it is the first time I have managed to piss you off enough to the point where you decide a ban is in order.

I am hardly distorting the truth, and frankly I doubt you care, but I'm not going to have you brush this off like you were cool, calm, and collected. And I was not, in fact, asked to calm down even once by you; I stopped argueing before the ban five minutes after simply because someone with a voice changer asked me to. The only things you said to me were in the forms of jeers, repeated phrases, and sarcastic asides, and I'm suprised you have the nerve to pretend otherwise.
Image Image
Boler
Donator

by Maringue » Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:53 pm

Do not reply to this thread unless you are the banning admin or the person banned. No exceptions.
Maringue
Blue Admin

by Vetos » Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:17 pm

Okay now that I'm not in any rush, I can address this more deliberately.

Boler wrote:I could ask the same of you, and the arguement was both only directed towards you, and a mutual arguement. Don't make it seem like I was antagonizing the entire server when, in reality all that happened was an arguement between you and I after having to listen to you complain about the class decision that I (and three other people made) for an extensive period of time.

As I recall, there was no argument until you decided to rail on and on about airheaded and arrogant TF2 players. All I did was ask any one of the 4 scouts to switch to a class that would be more effective in facing off against 3 sentry nests and a heavy/medic pair, all of which were giving our team trouble. I'm sorry that this sounded like complaining to you, I guess I have a tendency to sound more angry than I am. Regardless, this post is hilariously ironic to me because...

If you had been reasonable, and actually acted like an admin and asked respectfully for more to drop it, instead of using your position to "win" the arguement, I would have respected your wishes. However you did not

It seemed to me that you took "any of our 4 scouts please switch" to mean "hey boler i am directly and personally attacking you" and proceed to act like an internet tough guy and bait an argument. I wasn't exactly willing to participate so I ask you plenty of times to shut it and play the game. You kept going so I muted you. Again, you pressed on by taunting me in text chat, which is why you were kicked. A few minutes later you rejoined the server, and without skipping a beat you continued to debate a non-issue. It was because you took 0 of 4 opportunities to let the matter go that you were banned.

and this is not the first time we have had a disagreement

I can't say I have much recollection of ever having trouble with you, or even of you talking. Honestly, I think I preferred it that way.

but it is the first time I have managed to piss you off enough to the point where you decide a ban is in order.

It's simple really. If an admin tells you to stop whatever it is you're doing, just stop. Don't taunt him. Don't return to the server and continue the same behavior that got you kicked. Just play. It doesn't matter whether or not you agree with the acting admin. Take your own advice and just let it go. That's what I tried to do. Again, you weren't having that, so a temporary ban is what you have now.

I am hardly distorting the truth, and frankly I doubt you care, but I'm not going to have you brush this off like you were cool, calm, and collected. And I was not, in fact, asked to calm down even once by you

Again, I told you multiple times to shut up about it. Admittedly, my later requests were not quite as eloquent. I do tend to have a short fuse and I agree I could've been more professional about it, but you were basically pouring gasoline on a pilot light by drilling it into the ground. And yes, I do believe you are distorting the truth in attempting to portray me as the only aggro person in this situation and then lying about me never warning you. Incredible.

I stopped argueing before the ban five minutes after simply because someone with a voice changer asked me to.

Your perception of time is quite odd. After rejoining, it took you less than 30 seconds to take another few jabs at me before I banned you just seconds later. It baffles me how you say you aren't distorting the truth, and then you turn around to paint a coat of opaque on it.

The only things you said to me were in the forms of jeers, repeated phrases, and sarcastic asides, and I'm suprised you have the nerve to pretend otherwise.

I don't even know how to respond to this bit. I can't imagine you truly believe you are recalling this as it happened. If you need more information, please give this post another read-through. Honestly, because adminning a server for video gaming is an enormously prestigious position to hold, and lying in order to protect it would definitely be in my best interests. Okay. :roll:

One more bit I'd like to address:

If you have an intelligent arguement, fine, I'll reply back intelligently and reasonably

-Stop whining.
    -I have more points than you.
    -"lawl butthurt."

These are definitely the keypoints of an intelligent and reasonable argument. Take notes, boys.
For someone so intelligent and reasonable, it'd be odd for one to inject themselves into a situation, not get the outcome they expected, then warp the recollection so radically. This is not a feud. There was never a feud. There was never an argument (at least, there almost wasn't). I will admit that I am minutely at fault but my only intention was to diffuse an escalating situation before I really did something I would regret. In spite of all this, I am much less inclined to take someone raging on about "madmins" seriously. As a truly great man once said, "Check yourself, before you wreck yourself."
Vetos

Return to Bans