Lobbies! Things you should know.

Put team here!

Lobbies! Things you should know.

by Ackybur » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:03 pm

First thing: You need to create an account before you can play. Go to http://www.tf2lobby.com , and make an account. You will be given a code to put in your steam profile somewhere. Leave it there.

Second thing: Pick a class you already know how to play. It really doesn't matter, but let's be honest your first time is never easy. AMIRITE?! But no really, it's not. At least this way you play semi decently and won't beat yourself up if you're bottom fragging.

Third thing: I'll be purchasing a mumble here pretty soon mainly for the CsN crowd. Whether it's for lobbies, b.sing, or planned stacks in the Slayboxes (heheheheh fh i kid i kid). As soon as I get that set up I will update this post with further information

Fourth thing: If I don't get you in the first match CALM DOWN it's okay shhhh it's okay there will be another one, and I'll get you in :3.

Fifth thing: This one is mostly important when actually in a game. This isn't like the slayboxes where you can go in balls deep and think about fucking the other team. Try and hold back a little, wait for your team, and getem when you have the advantage. That's the only thing I honestly get annoyed at. If you have 15 health get some health from the medic, don't stand there J/Oing on their point. That said, that's the only thing I'd say to do

Sixth thing: HAVE FUN! We don't care so much about skill, it's for utter amusement. I will be wanting to start up a team. As you see my ^nbd tag is actually the beginning of a very casual irc scrim team. Nothing really serious, but more than lobbies. So, I'll be looking towards that. And further in the future I'd like to get a team going to rep the CsN name. SO YEAH!

k....bai!

Edit: we good?
Ackybur
Donator

Re: Lobbies! Things you should know.

by NuclearWatermelon » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:05 pm

Seventh: The server is in Florida. That is to say, your ping will likely be 100+. This is normal, and this ping sits well between the "Whine about it" barrier and the "Actual bad lag" barrier.
NuclearWatermelon

by Ackybur » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:07 pm

NuclearWatermelon wrote:Seventh: The server is in Florida. That is to say, your ping will likely be 100+. This is normal, and this ping sits well between the "Whine about it" barrier and the "Actual bad lag" barrier.

The ping is high, but there really is no lag. I am in Utah, and I sat around 130 the whole time. The only lag attacks i got were from when the wind started blowing hard.
Ackybur
Donator

by Vivi Hill » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:09 pm

You spelled "lobby" wrong. I've fixed it.
"Just because nobody complains doesn't mean all parachutes are perfect." --Benny Hill
Vivi Hill
Red Admin
Master of Ceremonies

by Smeemo » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:31 am

Scrim*
Smeemo

by Ackybur » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:06 pm

I was typing...oh god its like the term paper incident all over again! Spelled of like ove the whole paper.... Anyways thanks spell check police. I'll fix it when I'm home smeemo. Oh also yeah you two aren't going! EVARrRRRR!
Ackybur
Donator

by Failhorse » Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:46 pm

I have extensive knowledge from my (2) games with enigma 3. Don't let that fool you. 2 competitive matches in a lifetime teaches you a lot...
I will now share them with you.

1) If the other team loses quickly. It was lag.
2) If the other team isn't paying attention a dies from the train. It was lag.
3) If the other team tries a Heavy/ Pyro combo. It was lag.
4) If you sticky jump on a medics head and bottle him to death. It was lag.
5) If you outwit the enemy demo with stickies, you a noob... I mean, it was lag.
6) If the server lags during the match. It was a weather balloon.

Finally
If you can't play well, sober. Then don't play sober. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Failhorse
Red Admin

by Patrid » Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:08 pm

Admiral Ackybur wrote:Fifth thing: This one is mostly important when actually in a game. This isn't like the slayboxes where you can go in balls deep and think about fucking the other team. Try and hold back a little, wait for your team, and getem when you have the advantage. That's the only thing I honestly get annoyed at. If you have 15 health get some health from the medic, don't stand there J/Oing on their point. That said, that's the only thing I'd say to do

Damn, this is contrary to what I've been doing in every other lobby match yesterday. I J/O on their pts all the time.
If they step on a "sticky" I'm obviously to blame :mrgreen:
Failhorse:Exploits are okay as long are you're an admin
ImageImage
Patrid

by Ackybur » Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:50 pm

Patrid wrote:
Admiral Ackybur wrote:Fifth thing: This one is mostly important when actually in a game. This isn't like the slayboxes where you can go in balls deep and think about fucking the other team. Try and hold back a little, wait for your team, and getem when you have the advantage. That's the only thing I honestly get annoyed at. If you have 15 health get some health from the medic, don't stand there J/Oing on their point. That said, that's the only thing I'd say to do

Damn, this is contrary to what I've been doing in every other lobby match yesterday. I J/O on their pts all the time.
If they step on a "sticky" I'm obviously to blame :mrgreen:

Looking back on this patrick I feel like I should have compared it to knitting and not whacking it.
Ackybur
Donator

by Toaster » Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:12 pm

Failhorse wrote:I have extensive knowledge from my (2) games with enigma 3. Don't let that fool you. 2 competitive matches in a lifetime teaches you a lot...
I will now share them with you.

1) If the other team loses quickly. It was lag.
2) If the other team isn't paying attention a dies from the train. It was lag.
3) If the other team tries a Heavy/ Pyro combo. It was lag.
4) If you sticky jump on a medics head and bottle him to death. It was lag.
5) If you outwit the enemy demo with stickies, you a noob... I mean, it was lag.
6) If the server lags during the match. It was a weather balloon.

Finally
If you can't play well, sober. Then don't play sober. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

bad map
bad team
bad server
not actually trying

you're already borderline professional
La migliore armatura è di tenere fuori di gamma
Toaster

Return to Ackyburs' lobby shack