You cant say c*nt in the server?

Report hackers, annoyers, crashes, problems here.

You cant say c*nt in the server?

by wintermute » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:48 am

This morning I'm playing dustbowl and having a good time. The match ends, and a player (i forget who) starts trolling me telling me it's my fault we lost. I reply, "You're going to pin this on me, after MVPing", he responds yes, and JohnnyDrisk warns me to not say it again. I test him comically 2 more times and he proceeds to mute me. I have a generally thick skin, so busting my friends balls with heavy language is commonplace. I understand racial or homophobic epithets, but c*nt? If this is the case, is d*ck not tolerated as well? The point I'm getting at is where do you draw the line. If this is how crits and sandvich is to proceed, do you have a list of banned words? Wasn't I the original victim from the troll?

Or was Johnny just power tripping?
wintermute
Donator

Re: You cant say c*nt in the server?

by Balubish » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:03 am

First off, Johny aint power trippy at all.
Cunt is offensive in the whole world except Australia or England. US server not okay.
If you called anyone in my country cunt you might get stabbed for it. And the ladies like it even less.
So if johny say dont do it, just dont try to test him or any other admin.
One of the rules are Listen to admins. Can't be easier than that.

Its not that we dont understand smack talk but try to have it above a 5 year olds level. "Nothing that can be offensive to anyone"

So if Johny ask you nicely to stop, just do it.

Edit: Dick aint offensive, some ppl actually have that name. But never heard of anyone named Cunt or have you?
Also spammed frequently in the chat box in our servers. "Dont be a dick!"

Current rank: Terminator
0% Kills needed: 0 (0%)
Balubish
Donator
I drink to keep evil outside!

by wintermute » Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:50 am

I was the object of offense initially. I responded, but I'm the bad guy? If i told him to eat a dick it's not any better. You need consistency if this is the case and Johnny should have told the kid to not antagonize.
wintermute
Donator

by Someone Special » Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:54 pm

wintermute wrote: Johnydrisk warns me to not say it again. I test him comically 2 more times and he proceeds to mute me.

In what mind do you think that testing an admin who warned you not to use a specific word is right? Like, you should have stopped when he gave the warning, and not trying his patience.
Someone Special
Pink Admin

by flufffage » Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:28 pm

Personally, I haven't got an issue with the word in question, but I am aware that there has been copious drama involved regarding the banning of it.
The consensus is that it is a banned word, and while yes, it was a "comical testing of the word", his mute was justified.
Honestly, be glad it was only a mute, not a kick or a ban, as other admins are apt to do, endeavor to not use such language again, and lets be done with it.
#opinions
pinkmins more like saltmins amirite
flufffage
Pink Admin
the rare hellobird

by wintermute » Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:43 pm

I've played on sandwich a while, I don't instigate shit, my response was exactly that, a response. None of you admins have addressed that. Ultimately, its not a big deal. It was a 10 min mute (or whatever). But once again, it was a RESPONSE. Nobody has even addressed that. I don't going around antagonizing people. I'm here to have fun. Not that it matters, but I don't know who's admin or not, I was just told don't say that after getting picked on by the other player. Ask Johnny what occurred and he'll tell you there was zero malice coming out of me up until I defended myself. Even"comically" testing him I was lucid...but do NOT assume motives and situation if you weren't there.
wintermute
Donator

by Ron Swansons Stache » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:31 am

flufffage wrote:Personally, I haven't got an issue with the word in question, but I am aware that there has been copious drama involved regarding the banning of it.
The consensus is that it is a banned word, and while yes, it was a "comical testing of the word", his mute was justified.
Honestly, be glad it was only a mute, not a kick or a ban, as other admins are apt to do, endeavor to not use such language again, and lets be done with it.

Regarding the word, this is a good summation of the whole issue. I don’t really care about it (though don’t care much FOR it either), but there has been an absurd amount of drama over it so I think the overall conclusion was to just ban it.

As for your specific situation, perhaps the troll should’ve been warned as well, it’s a thin line between trolling and just jabbing each other. At the end of round Quack tends to type ‘I blame ___’ (90% of the time being himself).

That said, if it were me in Johnny’s situation and I know you well enough that you’ve been around forever and usually aren’t one to start shit or break any rules I probably would’ve just kept warning you but I’m a super hands off admin. If the troll was being extra malicious I probably would’ve been more on your side, but that’s probably not proper admining.
YOU JUST GOT BUTT CHUNDERED!
Ron Swansons Stache
Blue Admin

by wintermute » Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:04 am

Ron Swansons Stache wrote:If the troll was being extra malicious I probably would’ve been more on your side, but that’s probably not proper admining.

He wasn't, I wasn't..they were quick jabs. Per your server rules Johnny was just doing his thing, I just feel the context in this situation means more than the banning of a word. I called him out and I was done, as this thread should be.

Thanks for taking the time to read, I hope everyone understands me a bit better
wintermute
Donator

by TH3_SHAD0W_SAMUR4I » Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:17 pm

It's silly little things like these that always cause such drama and unnecessary heat, oh what a fine world we live in. ( No offense to anybody just stating opinion). Trolls are trolls, don't give them attention don't feed them hate just ignore them and life will be okay. Or things like this will happen. FACT.
Kim Jong Bob : Medic, yes!
(TEAM) |WBG| Tep's : gg med, you're the best!
WANT TO PLAY IN FRESH MEAT CUP : credit to med

^^
Better Medic than Lia
TH3_SHAD0W_SAMUR4I

by TH3_SHAD0W_SAMUR4I » Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:23 pm

wintermute wrote:
Ron Swansons Stache wrote:If the troll was being extra malicious I probably would’ve been more on your side, but that’s probably not proper admining.

He wasn't, I wasn't..they were quick jabs. Per your server rules Johnny was just doing his thing, I just feel the context in this situation means more than the banning of a word. I called him out and I was done, as this thread should be.

Don't worry about it, but remember the number one primary rule when playing on these servers, don't mess around with an admin, don't test them, and don't question their actions or their integrity. End of story. Harsh, but that's Critsandvich Law.
Kim Jong Bob : Medic, yes!
(TEAM) |WBG| Tep's : gg med, you're the best!
WANT TO PLAY IN FRESH MEAT CUP : credit to med

^^
Better Medic than Lia
TH3_SHAD0W_SAMUR4I

by Rumors » Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:24 pm

TH3_SHAD0W_SAMUR4I wrote:
wintermute wrote:

Don't worry about it, but remember the number one primary rule when playing on these servers, don't mess around with an admin, don't test them, and don't question their actions or their integrity. End of story. Harsh, but that's Critsandvich Law.

And its why I frequent CSn. The things we complain about, really aren't that bad. I'd take "saying a naughty word" over hearing "lol we have wallhax!" daily. Some servers are so prone to hacking because nothing is done about it, it gets bad.
Image[/url]Image
Rumors
Donator
Penndragoon

by DerKrieger105 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:42 pm

CSn's rules are relatively lax. We generally allow most language so long as it isn't overly offensive. Personally, I do not find that word offensive. My wife is British and i hear it almost every day. That being said, the rules are designed to create a fun and welcoming environment for all so naturally some speech will be limited.

We only have like four rules and they aren't that hard to follow. If you do not like them that is fine. You don't have to play here and IDC really if you leave. If you're that kind of person I don't want you here anyway. That is how I see it.
That last part wasn't aimed at you in particular Wintermute. Just saying. I know you're pretty chill. I'm glad you came to the forum to let us know about this.
CSn Bluemin- I'm pretentious and never leave the mic.

DerKrieger105
Blue Admin

Return to Server Support