A Funbox Complaint

Report hackers, annoyers, crashes, problems here.

A Funbox Complaint

by Drawed » Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:44 pm

This is how fun maps should be played. This guy would be kicked at the 15 second mark on our Funbox.
Drawed

Re: A Funbox Complaint

by Wakka » Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:47 pm

wahhhh people play tf2 differently from me
Wakka

by Smeemo » Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:53 pm

There was a time.... ;)

I tried to bring back a murderous spirit to FB2, but was sadly unsuccessful. Though if I had formed a coalition of people who like to kill each other beforehand, maybe it would've gone better.
Smeemo

by Boler » Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:10 pm

Not sure if parody thread.

*snipped because I forgot to not voice opinions*
Last edited by Boler on Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image Image
I am a frequent user of random loadouts I don't really like.
Boler
Donator

by medkitz » Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:23 pm

ive been banned for a week b4 for doing this
Dancing the night away, and then when I get bored, I go and play tfdb_float at the love nest... Again

medkitz

by Saber » Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:48 pm

Haha oh god that scout market garden holy shit
Saber

by GoDM1N » Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:01 pm

As things stand now there isn't a rule that says you cant kill in the fun server. Report admins who kick people for things as silly as this.
GoDM1N
Donator
Win a prize if you can read my avatar

by Jettrax » Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:23 pm

Yeah the admin that hasnt played in 2 months thinks he knows what the regulars wanted to play like. They wanted fun time to dick around and killing wasn't wanted. Shows what you know and how you respect the opinions of the funbox community.
Jettrax
Donator

by Boler » Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:31 pm

GoDM1N wrote:As things stand now there isn't a rule that says you cant kill in the fun server. Report admins who kick people for things as silly as this.

I mean no disrespect because I see you as one of the better, reasonable admins, but killing is basically an unspoken lovenest taboo. Hell last time I was there, medkitz was raged at for killing and it got to the point where an admin was called in and anyone who made a "non-taunt kill" was instantly slain.

Just because there isn't a rule for it doesn't mean that it isn't frowned upon. Personally I don't see the point of no killing when half the game modes just plain don't work without it, and as long as things are not made clear one way or another there will continue to be excessive butthurt from both sides of the fence.
Image Image
Boler
Donator

by Drawed » Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:33 pm

Jettrax wrote:Yeah the admin that hasnt played in 2 months thinks he knows what the regulars wanted to play like. They wanted fun time to dick around and killing wasn't wanted. Shows what you know and how you respect the opinions of the funbox community.

If you're referring to me, I'm not an admin. And I don't claim to know what the funbox community wants, but I do happen to know that a majority of the CSn community wants to people able to actually play on these custom maps and not stand around for 15 minutes.
Drawed

by Wakka » Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:50 pm

who is this majority you speak of

cause I never saw them on the server
Wakka

by Boler » Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:56 pm

If the majority of people want to kill on custom maps and they get shit for killing, why would they bother going to the server?

Regardless I stand my ground. If it's such a huge deal make it a rule, and if its not such a huge deal stop kicking and slaying for it. Or we can keep the current clusterfuck where people bitch on both sides, I'm not complaining regardless. It's entertaining.
Image Image
Boler
Donator

by Jettrax » Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:02 pm

Drawed wrote:
Jettrax wrote:Yeah the admin that hasnt played in 2 months thinks he knows what the regulars wanted to play like. They wanted fun time to dick around and killing wasn't wanted. Shows what you know and how you respect the opinions of the funbox community.

If you're referring to me, I'm not an admin. And I don't claim to know what the funbox community wants, but I do happen to know that a majority of the CSn community wants to people able to actually play on these custom maps and not stand around for 15 minutes.

Not you drawed. godm1n. I dont care what you guys change the server into, you can have you kindergarteners and my community can take all of the people that had fun on the servers before the fun admins were removed.
Jettrax
Donator

by GoDM1N » Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:08 pm

Boler wrote:
GoDM1N wrote:As things stand now there isn't a rule that says you cant kill in the fun server. Report admins who kick people for things as silly as this.

I mean no disrespect because I see you as one of the better, reasonable admins, but killing is basically an unspoken lovenest taboo. Hell last time I was there, medkitz was raged at for killing and it got to the point where an admin was called in and anyone who made a "non-taunt kill" was instantly slain.

Just because there isn't a rule for it doesn't mean that it isn't frowned upon. Personally I don't see the point of no killing when half the game modes just plain don't work without it, and as long as things are not made clear one way or another there will continue to be excessive butthurt from both sides of the fence.

I'm not arguing that its not a taboo thing to do right now, but there isn't nor has there ever been a rule that says people cant kill others. It's been something that was totally based on what admin was there, what type of mood that admin was in and what map the server was on. This has confused newer members and older members new to the love nest alike as there's no rule to follow and the "rule" is always different. Right now admins have been getting away with it by saying "they weren't listening to admins" and some admins have been removed for doing it. We're having a meeting this weekend and Nikki and I were going to bring this up. Its a issue that the community is split on as well as the random people who join. We'll have a official ruling on the matter then. Until then its not against the rules to kill or to stand around doing nothing. You are right however in that some gamemodes simply do not work without killing, so what the ruling most likely will be is to not kick people for killing while at the same time not kicking for standing around and let the server do its own thing.
GoDM1N
Donator
Win a prize if you can read my avatar

by medkitz » Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:29 pm

I got raged at for using the huntsman taunt and the scorh shot taunt. I LOVE THE LOGIC YOU PEOPLE RESERVE
then you asses can ban me for following rules since the admin says I cant kill people. The admins make up. a fake rule for me that i cant kill friendlies.

EDIT : I have been kicked and slayed in CTF at the love nest
Dancing the night away, and then when I get bored, I go and play tfdb_float at the love nest... Again

medkitz

by Boler » Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:34 pm

medkitz wrote:I got raged at for using the huntsman taunt and the scorh shot taunt. I LOVE THE LOGIC YOU PEOPLE RESERVE
then you asses can ban me for following rules since the admin says I cant kill people. The admins make up. a fake rule for me that i cant kill friendlies.

EDIT : I have been kicked and slayed in CTF at the love nest

You realize I was using that as an example and sort of am on your side right.
Image Image
Boler
Donator

by Nikki Wolf » Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:43 pm

While I will admit that I have got onto people for killing on the Fun Maps, and while I also admit that I thought there was a rule on not killing others, I actually feel like there shouldn't be a rule on not killing others. I know I made a bit of a vague statement, but that's just my thoughts on this issue.
Nikki Wolf

by xalde » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:04 pm

I'll just voice a cent or two from an "outsiders" point of view.

I went to a funbox once about a month or so ago just to see what it was about. I thought at first it was something like a custom map server. Didn't really read up on it. Anyway so this heavy and I were playing around and pushing the cart, and we got harassed for being try-hards and the heavy got kicked. We weren't playing all that seriously, but we did kill a few people. I just went to westbox afterward because I had no idea what the hell one does or is supposed to do on a funbox server other than just chat or role play or whatever.

So that's my view. I've no idea what the fun box is about or what one is supposed to do on it, so now I just avoid it and play on westbox for the great people, conversations, and actually playing the game.
xalde
Donator

by VoltySquirrel » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:07 pm

As an outsider as well, I don't see why killing someone is a kickable offense. That's just fucking stupid. I don't care the argument, it's just stupid.
VoltySquirrel

by Saber » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:13 pm

I enjoy killing people sporadically just to be a dick.
Saber

by medkitz » Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:09 pm

Saber wrote:I enjoy killing people sporadically just to be a dick.

medkitz

by Hatred » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:50 pm

i think imma kills you anyways ...
also known as csn broken [UbM]
Hatred
Donator

by LanellePalmer » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:21 am

Yeah the admin that hasnt played in 2 months thinks he knows what the regulars wanted to play like.
Here you can get into the Fairy Tale World with True Blood Season 5 DVD actors!
LanellePalmer

by Fencerboy » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:40 am

hahaha
Fencerboy
Gold Admin
Last Surviving Goldmin

by CR33D » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:11 pm

LanellePalmer wrote:Yeah the admin that hasnt played in 2 months thinks he knows what the regulars wanted to play like.

I'm pretty sure this is a bot.

OT: I don't mind killing on the LN. The only things I don't kill are Hoovys with Sandviches.
I deal ¹º² Damage with my favorite gun.
I also spend way to much time on the forum.

HOW THE **** DO I GET IMAGES WORKING?

http://i.imgur.com/3pXBPQs.gif
CR33D

Return to Server Support