Spies + All talk = Sad face

Report hackers, annoyers, crashes, problems here.

Spies + All talk = Sad face

by Dum » Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:26 pm

All talk is a great feature as it really allows the community to form, but alas, it makes Spy really hard to play because the enemy team can your voice bubble even when you're cloaked!

From what I understand, it's possible to disable to voice bubble by replacing the texture with a transparent vmt. Boom, simple fix. Make Spies able to socialize and play at the same time.
Dum

Re: Spies + All talk = Sad face

by VoltySquirrel » Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:30 pm

Or you could just do what the rest of us do and just not talk while we're cloaked.
VoltySquirrel

by BoB Dolen » Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:47 pm

VoltySquirrel wrote:Or you could just do what the rest of us do and just not talk while we're cloaked.

^this^
ImageImage
ImageImage
BoB Dolen
Donator
*** 2 Word Rage Inducer ***

by fingerman » Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:55 pm

Yeah STFU
fingerman
Red Admin
Author of: The Pushers Guide to Little Carts

by doppelganger » Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:14 pm

Despite the name of "Slay Box" and the general reputation for seriousness, the servers aren't really designed around tryhards. The all talk is a wonderful feature that allows for casual gaming. As a spy, if you've been spying for a while, you should be used to typing by now. And... really, what do you have to say that is all that important anyway that can't wait or isn't worth dying for (ie: stfu volty). I am sorry that this feature has inconvenienced you, however, I think that updating such a small feature due to one person's complaint is not plausible (nor worth the already cramped time of our redmins). Although I do agree, it is somewhat lame, and probably should've been fixed by Valve a long time ago... like several other things. I personally enjoy spamming my mic while invisible and watching people scramble to try to get me. Thank you very much for you feedback though, and for signing up for the forums. I hope to see more from you and I'm sure we'll keep all advice in mind.
doppelganger
Blue Admin
It's like looking into a mirror.

Return to Server Support