Upcoming Pow-Pow Games

Everything else not represented

Upcoming Pow-Pow Games

by Moondoggy » Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:51 am

I'm a huge shooter fan, owning nearly all FPS or 3rd person shooters that even casually gain my interest. I've enjoyed a ton, been burned a ton. Just wanted to share the Shooters coming out soon and the reasons I'm excited and the reason I'm nervous for upcoming FPS's. WARNING THESE ARE MAINLY OPINIONS

First on the List is

Some Trailers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdLqsWDl16c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tpm1yk3enzY

The "worst" games series according to most gamers however the games are usually decent(GHOST being the exception). If you buy near launch you can have a blast for many months.

Reasons to give a chance:
-Strong Developer. Out of the 3 Developers making COD's Treyarch so far are the strongest line up.
-Gameplay Changes. Game is taking a lot of cues from titanfall with faster movement, thrust jump and wall running. Hopefully gunplay will be fast and furious.
-Campaign COOP. Single Player looks a lot like Crysis(closest example I could think of) with new abilities that go well with 4 player COOP
-Zombies. Say what you want from COD but zombies gamemode has been straight up fun from it's creation.

Reason to give a wide berth:
-Balance. The big problem with the PC version of this series is the game is usually built for console and ported to pc. Meaning a gun that's fine for a controller joystick is suddenly crazy good with a mouse/keyboard.
Example:BO2 SMGS, They are laser accurate with very little recoil which is fine for a console controller is suddenly dumb in the hands in a fast moving mouse.
-Wild Engine. This engine is OLD man and performance is random from game to game with weird ticks.
Example: COD ties Firerate to each Frame which works for consoles as they all run at 30 or 60 frames. For PC that means a better computer "can" give you a advantage. In Advanced Warfare there was a Golden gun that fired Purple Lasers(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZRvkqsHcYY Yeah as cool as it sounds) with my Frame rate which never dropped below 120 meant it had a advantage over someone with the same weapon but intead they ran at 30-60 frames
-Population Drop. Unless the COD is amazing (BO2) the population of people playing will drop months later until it's nearly impossible to find a game.

Release Date:November 6, 2015

Some Trailers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wlvYh0h63k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hd3X3Mesy8

Promises to be a more tactical shooter with some interesting destruction gameplay elements

Reasons to give a chance:
-Fresh.A hopefully slower shooter with more punishments for running and gunning. With the amount of fast moving shooter maybe a slower one is what you need.
-Destruction. Gameplay shows a lot of walls, floor and roof coming apart from gunplay to hopefully change how people move and camp.

Reason to give a wide berth:
-Ubisoft. Pretty much that's that. They have problems with franchises making them all same-y (Watch Dogs, Far Cry and Assassin Creeds side objectives all feel the same. Climb this and flick a switch to unlock news things in that Area.)
-Uplay. Another crappy launcher we don't need.
-Clutter Galore. Seems they are adding a ton of gadgets/classes that will just added clutter and annoyances. (A Heartbeat sensor combined with shooting through wall seems like recipe for dumb camping)

A idiot signed up with the wrong email so I got his Pre-Order Beta Access. so I'll learn more come September

Release Date:October 13, 2015

Some Trailers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXU5k4U8x20
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjqqwZGNHPg

A Star War game based off the Frostbite engine. Hellz Yeah

Battlefront is a weird game as I can only think of some negative things but still am kinda excited so here is just a stream of thoughts.

Lasers. Usually in Frostbite Shooters weapons are balanced by bullet drop and speed/reload. How will these work with lasers. There shouldn't be a drop or reload with lasers so balance is be weird or impossible (just think of 1 gun that just better then all others)
Lower Players. well not lower for a battlefront game (Max 20v20) seems smaller then a nice game of 32v32 BF4
Vechicle/weapons as drops. From what I've seen spaceships/weapons and maybe Jedi are all drops on the map. Seems weird but no clue yet.
Battlelog. There is none. Great news. Battlelog was a crappy server browser that hogged memory.
EA. EA just doesn't have a great track record with game launch (many are buggy messes)

I want to love this game but Hardline was also great idea wrapped in a mess of bad ideas

Release Date:November 17, 2015
Moondoggy
Donator

Re: Upcoming Pow-Pow Games

by Moondoggy » Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:52 am

Saved Spot for Future Games Sorry
Moondoggy
Donator

by Moondoggy » Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:52 am

Saved Spot for Future Games Sorry
Moondoggy
Donator

by TH3_SHAD0W_SAMUR4I » Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:32 am

DAMMIT TH3 HYPE IS 2 MUCH 4 ME :D

I don't quite understand why the Call of duty series is so hated, like you said, the games are all decent WITH THE EXCEPTION OF GHOST! Eurgh, that game....but anyway, I think the only reason why COD gets so much hate is because of the wretched community that the game has created. Don't get me wrong, there are some good mannered and skilled players, but the majority from my point of view are just whining, trolling screaming little kids who mic spam 24/7. Its not the games that are bad, its just that ample amount of individuals who just ruin the euphoric atmosphere that the games create. Phew, I'm done ranting XD

Yeah EA has a long, dark history of: Screwing up games that had such great potential..*ahem Battlefield heroes *cough battlefieldplay4free, being general money hogging PR1CK$, and just acting plain ridiculous (in my plain opinion).
I guess we'll just have to see what they have in store for us ;)
Kim Jong Bob : Medic, yes!
(TEAM) |WBG| Tep's : gg med, you're the best!
WANT TO PLAY IN FRESH MEAT CUP : credit to med

^^
Better Medic than Lia
TH3_SHAD0W_SAMUR4I

by Rumors » Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:43 am

I was partial to Black Ops 2 because it was actually pretty good(Modern Warfare being the other COD title I can play), and R6 Siege looks awesome from beta gameplay I've seen. Battlefront I'm not so sure about anymore after watching stuff from E3. It truly does look awesome, but the whole thing about no space battles, and with driving aircraft/AT-AT's on an auto-path doesn't feel so great. I'm almost certain they are going to lock space battles, one of the biggest features of a game like Battlefront, and push it out later as DLC, yay! I'm sure I'll get it when it goes on its first sale. It definitely looks great, but at some points it just feels like a Star Wars skin for Battlefield.
Image[/url]Image
Rumors
Donator
Penndragoon

by Someone Special » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:20 am

Moondoggy wrote:-Campaign COOP. Single Player looks a lot like Crysis(closest example I could think of) with new abilities that go well with 4 player COOP
-Zombies. Say what you want from COD but zombies gamemode has been straight up fun from it's creation.

These are probably the reasons why I'd buy this. The Zombies mode is great, and a really good bout of fun when Treyarch does it.
Someone Special
Pink Admin

Return to Other Games