Lead and Gold

Everything else not represented

Lead and Gold

by Rustic Apple » Mon May 09, 2011 10:21 am

You guize should check it out. It's like TF2, but all Old West-y, and in 3rd person, and without hats.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/42120/
And if you already have it, you should come play with Rustic sometime.
Rustic Apple
Donator

Re: Lead and Gold

by Sirnak » Mon May 09, 2011 12:19 pm

Rustic Apple wrote:You guize should check it out. It's like TF2, but all Old West-y, and in 3rd person, and without hats.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/42120/
And if you already have it, you should come play with Rustic sometime.

Don't make me laugh. Or don't you consider cowboy hats to be hats?

I have this game. Bought it when it was about 3 bucks on Steam. It IS a pretty funny and fast-paced shooter, probably more fast-paced than any shooter Valve has ever done according to me. But it's way more arcade-like. You don't need much skill or practice to be good at Lead and Gold compared to TF2. There's way less strategy and team is generally not as much important. It depends on what you like. At my opinion, it sure is worth its cost though.
ImageSirnak the Wild CarImage
Sirnak
Donator

by Rustic Apple » Tue May 10, 2011 9:54 am

I meant without hats as in without obtainable, extra hats silly billy.

LnG requires much less practice as opposed to TF2 because it's a much simpler game. There aren't any air shots, pipe/rocket leading, etc to practice, it's just pure aim and team play.

I have to disagree with you when you say teamwork isn't important. Sticking together to share synergies is hella important. It's not like 1 or 2 people can carry a team, as it's 5 v 5, instead of the usual 12 v 12 of TF2.
Rustic Apple
Donator

by Termz » Tue May 10, 2011 6:29 pm

I have it, however there is nothing to keep me playing, no stats or anything :(
Mike808 wrote:I get "Error reading file" every time i try and start the game.

tehs4ndman wrote:check ur printer cables
Termz

by Sirnak » Tue May 10, 2011 6:54 pm

Rustic Apple wrote:I meant without hats as in without obtainable, extra hats silly billy.

LnG requires much less practice as opposed to TF2 because it's a much simpler game. There aren't any air shots, pipe/rocket leading, etc to practice, it's just pure aim and team play.

I have to disagree with you when you say teamwork isn't important. Sticking together to share synergies is hella important. It's not like 1 or 2 people can carry a team, as it's 5 v 5, instead of the usual 12 v 12 of TF2.

I said that teamwork is not generally as much important, didn't say there was no teamwork. I consider TF2 to be the most team-based online multiplayer game I've ever seen. The simple concept behind the Medic alone is enough for me to consider TF2 the most team-based online multiplayer game. In Lead and Gold teams are not as big and you basically only have choice between 4 classes that basically only have different options to kill. In TF2, each class can help its teammates by different means. Spies make good distractions and can dispatch fleeing weakened enemies or simply strategic targets, Heavies make fine walls, Pyros spycheck and extinguish teammates, Demoman is a bitch at defense, etc. Most classes have their way to help the team without necessarily having to kill people or to fight directly. In Lead and Gold, if you wanna be useful for the team, you have to kill people. And you have different ways to kill people. That's all.

Team's important in Lead and Gold, but ya know. TF2 is just THE team reference according to my small knowledge. o.o
ImageSirnak the Wild CarImage
Sirnak
Donator

Return to Other Games