Warhammer 40K

Everything else not represented

Warhammer 40K

by MrVulf » Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:53 pm

Anyone here play/ever play Warhammer 40k table top? I'm really interested and wanna get some info on the game :D
^^^Another quality post brought to you by Vulfovich.^^^
MrVulf

Re: Warhammer 40K

by Toaster » Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:16 pm

Use to play eldar

Then games work shop made their prices even higher...

fuck games work shop
La migliore armatura è di tenere fuori di gamma
Toaster

by Artos » Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:25 pm

Eldar, tau and marines. It was fun when I finally got to playing. It's a very demanding game, both financially and timewise; it's a game for die hards to enjoy, not for the casual gamer imho. Plus once you decide you don't have enough time for it anymore or you want to try something new, you already put weeks and weeks plus upwards of 300$ into this thing that it's not really worth it. But I don't deny that it's a blast to play once you get going and find the right people to play with.
Artos

by MrVulf » Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:41 pm

I mean I figure it's worth it if I stick with it. It's quite expensive, I'm aware of that, but I figure I'll start slowly and build up my army over a few months before I start playing. I don't mind that too much. Good idea?
Also would Blood Angels be a great army to start with? Or should I buy the Assault on Black Reach? I'm just not so thrilled of how limited the figures are in the black reach pack and that they're codex marines and orks.
MrVulf

by Toaster » Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:55 pm

Use to play weekly with some friends who were all much older than me. Spent way more than $300 including the buildings/table. I eventually just lost interest when they announced their big sale into price increase. I don't really miss it and I feel I was only playing to make my self think they were worth the time/money I had already put into it.

I'm much more than happy to put time/money into other things now :)

Side note: This reminded me of all the tedious and maticulous painting I had to do for each individual unit T_T Took me for ever to perfect eldar spirit crystals...
La migliore armatura è di tenere fuori di gamma
Toaster

by John Magnum » Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:01 pm

I don't play the tabletop but I do play dawn of war and read Black Library novels and play Fantasy Flight Game's tabletop RPGs
Pretty rad stuff
John Magnum
Donator

by MrVulf » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:39 pm

Toaster wrote:Use to play weekly with some friends who were all much older than me. Spent way more than $300 including the buildings/table. I eventually just lost interest when they announced their big sale into price increase. I don't really miss it and I feel I was only playing to make my self think they were worth the time/money I had already put into it.

I'm much more than happy to put time/money into other things now :)

Side note: This reminded me of all the tedious and maticulous painting I had to do for each individual unit T_T Took me for ever to perfect eldar spirit crystals...

That's quite discouraging :'(
I don't have to pay for tables and stuff so that should cut the cost.. I also played a demo game and loved it. It look awesome and geeky, which are both pluses for me.
I am scared of painting though. Not the fact that it's repetitive, because I'm not too bad with repetative, but it seems hard. Is it? o.O

John Magnum wrote:I don't play the tabletop but I do play dawn of war and read Black Library novels and play Fantasy Flight Game's tabletop RPGs
Pretty rad stuff

I'm reading Horus Rising right now because everyone at the Games-Workshop store knows a bunch of the history and I feel unworthy. :D What're you reading?
MrVulf

by Amplify » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:50 pm

My little brother play it and paint its figurine too.
Amplify
Tournament Staff

by John Magnum » Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:55 pm

MrVulf wrote:
John Magnum wrote:I don't play the tabletop but I do play dawn of war and read Black Library novels and play Fantasy Flight Game's tabletop RPGs
Pretty rad stuff

I'm reading Horus Rising right now because everyone at the Games-Workshop store knows a bunch of the history and I feel unworthy. :D What're you reading?

Nothing right now, actually. I'm probably going to start reading some more Henry Zou or Ben Counter stuff next.
All of Dan Abnett's stuff is pretty great, by the way.
John Magnum
Donator

Return to Other Games