The Plan

Discuss your favorite war-based hat simulator.

The Plan

by AronTimes » Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:27 pm

The Plan

(Link updated. I had the wrong link.)
Last edited by AronTimes on Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
My command is your wish.
AronTimes
Donator

Re: The Plan

by Balubish » Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:33 pm

Whats the plan?

Current rank: Terminator
0% Kills needed: 0 (0%)
Balubish
Donator
I drink to keep evil outside!

by AronTimes » Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:18 am

Click on that suspicious link. I command you!

(Announcement of open matchmaking beta.)

Edit: Oh, I had the wrong link. Changed the link in the OP now.
My command is your wish.
AronTimes
Donator

by Doctor Galaxy » Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:57 am

I can only imagine how funny this'll turn out.

I can see it now: couple people gets passes, they go in to play a simple round of 6s on Badlands.
Blu team's goin the meta, while you got red team having players committing to going three Pyros, Solder with rocket jumper and market gardner, Sniper with Huntsman, and a Pomson Gunslinger Engi.

Then ya got Highlander, and it's gonna be:
Doctor Galaxy
Pink Admin

by Lia_Rein » Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:02 am

Coolio
Neff:Lia slowly building her CSnplayer database for nefarious purposes
Lia_Rein
Blue Admin
Not Liable for Rein damage

by Poppet » Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:26 pm

I really hope for 6v6 they make it 1:1 classes. The traditional 6v6 meta is 2 scout, 2 soldier, 1 demoman, 1 medic with sniper being a popular scout/soldier replacement at the highest level of play. It's so strong that it can achieve a 50/50 win rate versus highlander teams in 6v9 situations; "Pros vs Pubstars". If you are running a non-6v6 meta class and the other team is running meta you've pretty much already lost before the game as even started it's so bad.

A 6v6 meta format with 1:1 class limits will still cater to the 4 usual 6v6 classes but you have the ability to run 2 spares of whatever you want. You can now pretty much run any class you want to without it being a game losing decision.

I doubt they're going to do highlander due to 6v6 is already pushing it in terms of queueing. Can only really dream they do it.
Poppet
Blue Admin

by Kaiuu » Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:30 am

In relation to what poppet said, slin made a really good video a while back about this issue.

Kaiuu
Donator

by Poppet » Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:00 am

Kaiuu wrote:In relation to what poppet said, slin made a really good video a while back about this issue.

I watched a couple of his videos when they got posted to the /tf2 reddit. I disagree with a lot of this one in particular.

In LoL no current champion has under an average 42% winrate. You could reasonably main any given champion and get to challenger. You'll definitely get towards a lower expected winrate at the higher/better leagues and have an inherent advantage from just playing a more meta champion. But you can still do it.

A champion, Eve after recieving a huge nerf back years ago had such a horrible winrate that maining her in ranked got people banned. Playing an off meta class in 6v6 is a so bad that your winrate can hit even worse than what Eve was at.

If we're not getting a matchmaking outlet for players that like playing say Engineer or Spy. Then they have to flood 6v6 and winning a game is pretty much decided before it even begins. 6v6 1:1 classes is probably the effectively solution that keeps games more stabilized without having to have two matchmaking sets. Otherwise we are going to have to have a highlander matchmaking as well.
Poppet
Blue Admin

by TH3_SHAD0W_SAMUR4I » Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:19 am

Sht. Sht sht sht. Don't know if I should hype for this or not. This might turn out to be either a big success for Valve or a HUUUGE Fail. But either way, I'm looking forward on making trouble and havoc 4 people. (In the fairest way possible) :)
Kim Jong Bob : Medic, yes!
(TEAM) |WBG| Tep's : gg med, you're the best!
WANT TO PLAY IN FRESH MEAT CUP : credit to med

^^
Better Medic than Lia
TH3_SHAD0W_SAMUR4I

Return to Team Fortress 2