Never see anyone on fun servers anymore.

Discuss your favorite war-based hat simulator.

Never see anyone on fun servers anymore.

by Boehner » Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:48 am

Am I just on at the wrong times?
Boehner
Donator

Re: Never see anyone on fun servers anymore.

by Balubish » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:54 am

No, ur right, the admins are nowhere to be seen. Think most are on SB1 now actually.

Current rank: Terminator
0% Kills needed: 0 (0%)
Balubish
Donator
I drink to keep evil outside!

by Someone Special » Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:00 am

Balubish wrote:No, ur right, the admins are nowhere to be seen. Think most are on SB1 now actually.

I try my best :x

But we have been lazy. We do have to get on more.
Someone Special
Pink Admin

by flufffage » Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:04 am

Someone Special wrote:I try my best :x

wow
the wowaddiction is real oops
#opinions
pinkmins more like saltmins amirite
flufffage
Pink Admin
the rare hellobird

by Balubish » Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:11 am

Someone Special wrote:
Balubish wrote:No, ur right, the admins are nowhere to be seen. Think most are on SB1 now actually.

I know man, send me an invite and I can help out.

Balubish
Donator

by megamoose » Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:22 am

The only REAL people on (admins or not) are Zuul, Doctor Galaxy, and sometimes me, along with randoms or die hard fun server people. Most people (pink admins) are playing WoW or just messing around in SB1 or Smash Bros.
megamoose
Donator

by Ron Swansons Stache » Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:37 am

Balubish wrote:
Someone Special wrote:

I know man, send me an invite and I can help out.

Same, if I received an invite I'd probably join along to help pop it up a bit and it's nice to get away from the sweaty Slaybox every once in a while.
YOU JUST GOT BUTT CHUNDERED!
Ron Swansons Stache
Blue Admin

by HausOfJoel » Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:14 pm

Thanks Obama
HausOfJoel
Blue Admin
Your Problematic Fave

by Doctor Galaxy » Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:32 pm

megamoose wrote:The only REAL people on (admins or not) are Zuul, Doctor Galaxy, and sometimes me, along with randoms or die hard fun server people. Most people (pink admins) are playing WoW or just messing around in SB1 or Smash Bros.

Flufffage wrote:wow
the wowaddiction is real oops

Incoming wall of text.
Not that this is a rant or anything like that, but to be honest, the Fun servers don't get attention for this very reason.
Nobody wanting to help pop and stay on for a while about an hour or so = a dead server.
I also feel that maps/gamemodes are a part of the/solution to the problem as well, as Death Run and Saxton (to a degree if the maps are working) arguably brings in the most attention, dodgeball can go either way depending on the map and how long, while maps that don't have much to do and are simple in design get boring quick, which leads to an RTV vote, which leads to most people leaving. Speaking of such and a bit off topic, the maps that we voted on removing earlier in the year haven't even been taken off the list, and as such is still on there causing a blight on the voting list.

But on the meat of the subject, what's the point in posting a pop if none of the fellow admins and whatnot come on and help? Not saying that I don't mind to post a pop in the Love Nest group's announcements, no, but a common occurrence is that when we try to pop, we don't get as many people. Zuul, Indie, Porky, Anthid, and myself have ran into this problem when being on the server, as we only draw in about three people during the whole thing. As it stands, a server of eight people does not constitute as a popping, and unlike earlier today, the server was alive due to the admins' willingness of coming on there and trying. While it's understandable that it's not imperitive to pop or stop what you're doing and help, doing so once in a while can help turn the tide on how desolate the servers stay.
Remember, a populated server brings in more attention, which in turn can lead people to stay longer.
TL;DR: More help from other admins when one or two is trying to pop is greatly appreciated, and inviting others to join is also as helpful.
Also kudos to Balu to encouraging the slayboxers to come on and help.
EDIT: post no.69 gg
Doctor Galaxy
Pink Admin

by Someone Special » Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:13 pm

Doctor Galaxy wrote: Speaking of such and a bit off topic, the maps that we voted on removing earlier in the year haven't even been taken off the list, and as such is still on there causing a blight on the voting list.

Psyk is a busy guy, Doc. Don't get on his case about it because he hasn't had the time to get to it.
Someone Special
Pink Admin

by Zuul » Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:20 pm

HausOfJoel wrote:Thanks Obama

Thanks Haus
ImageImage
Zuul
Pink Admin

by Doctor Galaxy » Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:21 pm

Someone Special wrote:
Doctor Galaxy wrote: Speaking of such and a bit off topic, the maps that we voted on removing earlier in the year haven't even been taken off the list, and as such is still on there causing a blight on the voting list.

Psyk is a busy guy, Doc. Don't get on his case about it because he hasn't had the time to get to it.

I'm not getting on Psyk's case, and I never mentioned anything relating towards him. I'm just stating that there has been nothing done about it and it's clearly a problem that needs to be addressed sooner or later.
Doctor Galaxy
Pink Admin

by Hodgepodge » Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:36 pm

Doctor Galaxy wrote: unlike earlier today, the server was alive due to the admins' willingness of coming on there and trying.

We about about 16 people on the first map because we were all on. Then we had to rtv off wubwubwub which was randomly selected for us, where we lost about 5 people. Then we died on Tron where we were down to 5 people near the very end. You were one of the 11 to leave on Tron if I recall, because it was me and my brother running from Anthid, Boehner and Testes, which left us to just my brother, Testes, and I on spinnie.

Spinnies a terrible map and needs to be removed posthaste pls
Did somebody call for the resident pessimist and doctor?
Hodgepodge
Pink Admin

by flufffage » Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:59 pm

Doctor Galaxy wrote:Not that this is a rant or anything like that

lol

but to be honest, the Fun servers don't get attention for this very reason.
Nobody wanting to help pop and stay on for a while about an hour or so = a dead server.
I also feel that maps/gamemodes are a part of the solution to the problem as well, as Death Run and Saxton (to a degree if the maps are working) arguably brings in the most attention, dodgeball can go either way depending on the map and how long, while maps that don't have much to do and are simple in design get boring quick, which leads to an RTV vote, which leads to most people leaving. Speaking of such and a bit off topic, the maps that we voted on removing earlier in the year haven't even been taken off the list, and as such is still on there causing a blight on the voting list.

Someone Special wrote:Psyk is a busy guy, Doc. Don't get on his case about it.

Agreed, but if we want this to actually work then someone's gotta get it done. If Psyk doesn't have the time, we need to get someone else trained in to do it. Otherwise its never going to happen.

But on the meat of the subject, what's the point in posting a pop if none of the fellow admins and whatnot come on and help? Not saying that I don't mind to post a pop in the Love Nest group's announcements, no, but a common occurrence is that when we try to pop, we don't get as many people.

lol whats the point in life anymore
Its not just you, quit your sob story. Its difficult for anyone to pop. Even Johny, with his Drisk Brigade shenanigans doesn't even get a full server.
I'm not sure if you realize how much of a problem popping has been for all of us admins, for a long while now. This isn't new.

Zuul, Indie, Porky, Anthid, and myself have ran into this problem when being on the server, as we only draw in about three people during the whole thing.

While it's understandable that it's not imperitive *imperative* to pop or stop what you're doing and help, doing so once in a while can help turn the tide on how desolate the servers stay.

You're not the only one who encounters this problem. It gets very discouraging (nevermind boring as fuck) to wait around for people to join. There are more entertaining and less depressing uses of my time than sitting in a server with two people who target only me and tell me "its no fun when flufff is here". Sorry, but I'm not interested in admining a server where the regulars think its okay to harass admins? If that's the kind of respect we can expect to recieve...

As it stands, a server of eight people does not constitute as a popping, and unlike earlier today, the server was alive due to the admins' willingness of coming on there and trying.

1. The server popped because all the admins, all the regulars: basically the entire mumble, was playing. As for myself, I went through my friends list to invite people to join. That brought us up to about 16 people. We never got more than that.
(a. I consider a "popped server" a server which contains 24 people. Anything less than that is a "partial pop" in my eyes.)
2. As soon as the map changed to wubwubwub, we lost a good 7 people or so. Then we went to tron, where it died. I'm not saying I didn't contribute to this; I got bored. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
(a. Shitty maps keep getting added and not removed, resulting in a loss of population.)

Remember, a populated server brings in more attention, which in turn can lead people to stay longer.

I didn't know this was how it works, thanks friend.
Also kudos to Balu to encouraging the slayboxers to come on and help.

lol cause he's the only one to ever do something like that

-------------

Okay, enough opinions. On to the fun bit: How can we fix this?
Let's get an meeting set up (like Haus intended), both admins and regulars welcome, and figure out solutions. Get work done.
Let's go; message me what times work for you.
#opinions
flufffage
Pink Admin
the rare hellobird

by Boehner » Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:29 pm

Why not start an event under the CSN steam group or make a dedicated CSN love nest group and do the same?
Boehner
Donator

by Someone Special » Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:30 pm

Boehner wrote:Why not start an event under the CSN steam group or make a dedicated CSN love nest group and do the same?

Holy shit, good idea. We could use the Elite group for both the Fun Servers and the Slayboxes.
However, we need the Boss Man's Permission
Last edited by Someone Special on Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Someone Special
Pink Admin

by flufffage » Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:32 pm

Someone Special wrote:
Boehner wrote:Why not start an event under the CSN steam group or make a dedicated CSN love nest group and do the same?

Holy shit, good idea. We could use the Elite group for both the Fun Servers and the Slayboxes.

It would certainly reach a wider audience. Good idea, I like it as long as the blumins approve.
Wouldn't want to encroach on their territory lmaoooo
#opinions
flufffage
Pink Admin
the rare hellobird

by Rumors » Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:55 pm

When I started frequenting CSn in 2011, it was a normal thing to have both Slaybox and Westbox completely full and the lovenest/funbox would have a decent amount of people in on a daily basis. I stopped playing TF2 for a couple years and came back on CSn a couple months ago and now the only thing I see full daily is Slaybox 1. I miss the air ballon races, and kakariko village >_< When I wanted to play on CSn and one server was completely full up, at least I didn't have to wait 10+ minutes to be let in, and could hop in onto another CSn server.

I'm all for helping pop a server and I make an effort to do so when I can now that I'm back into TF2, I don't know what a sound solution would be other than to make it more of a routine for admins to get on their servers, get hyped, blast some airhorns, tweet@grandma to hop on the server, give everyone on the server compliments on their hat (or lack of hat).
Image[/url]Image
Rumors
Donator
Penndragoon

by Balubish » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:36 pm

flufffage wrote:
Someone Special wrote:

It would certainly reach a wider audience. Good idea, I like it as long as the blumins approve.
Wouldn't want to encroach on their territory lmaoooo

Actually it wouldnt. I have sent out so many pop messages through the elite group for example to pop SB2 and Westbox past year and if im lucky I get in about 2 pinkmin 1-2 blumin and like 2-3 regulars.
And that is on stock maps with that are popular that uses quickjoin and are the easiest to pop with. So no the Elite group woulndt help for that either.
I have suggested ideas about the slayboxes but none seems interested in it. Its easier to pop SB1 cause, yeah it have higher ranking and goes alot faster, and all regulars mainly only know about that server.

Example: Tried few days ago to pop SB2. Got some good pop for a while, basicly full, and new players even, and then a map change and half server left.
Everyone have a regular life as well so that help is better than nothing. But sadly it died short after. "I tried for around 2 hours with some regulars" And thanks for all the help guys.

And im pretty sure most regulars enjoy playing with the admins from CSn and the all talk part, cause yeah we cant shut up ;) So if its just any other server when ppl dont say shit its like playing on any other server.
So if the most talking ppl leave it dies shortly after. And I can understand that completely, thats why I stayed on CSn in the first place, cause of the random talk and smacktalk.

Not to be an ass, but I have problems with the funservers on the micspam with bad music, but thats me and how I feel about it.
I know this have been a rule for a long time there thats ok, I dont try to change it at all. Cause yeah, its not my servers.

Personally I want to make SB2 or Westbox popular again by poking at it everyday, sending out pop messages and not play at SB1 at all. If that helps, I have no idea.
Good luck and Godspeed or how you say it. And no dont thank me, it was actually fluff that sended out invites today to pop funserver.

And on her point of ppl saying "Oh no not fluff" when she joins aint nice at all. Assholes are everywere and shouldnt be here. "even though I am one"
You have the power fluff, make them shut up or kick their asses.

Oh yeah almost forgot, personally I dont care if you guys used the Elite group for popping funserver. But I dont call the shots on that.

Balubish
Donator

by HausOfJoel » Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:09 am

Please children, less arguing and more TL;DR's pls

flufffage wrote:
Someone Special wrote:Psyk is a busy guy, Doc. Don't get on his case about it.

Agreed, but if we want this to actually work then someone's gotta get it done. If Psyk doesn't have the time, we need to get someone else trained in to do it. Otherwise its never going to happen.

I was taught how to do this a while back and can do it again after a refresher course and I have the programs downloaded again.

but yes meeting pls, really need to revamp everything
HausOfJoel
Blue Admin
Your Problematic Fave

by TH3_SHAD0W_SAMUR4I » Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:00 am

Time OUT!!!
:O HOLY SHT U PEOPLE CAN GET INTENSE. I can almost taste the bitterness and saltiness in here XD.

I'm no expert in this subject, and I apologise to anybody if it seems that I think I do, but Haus is right, arguing and ranting amongst ourselves won't solve the problem any quicker, just call the bloody meeting already lol.

Hmm, I agree. If boredom is an issue, then the Fun server definitely needs revamping. I think its about time the server gets a makeover and takes a new approach if it is aiming to attract attention.

So lets all take a breather, chill out, and keep all our energy and bubbly thoughts, opinions, suggestions and ideas for the meeting alright? :D
Kim Jong Bob : Medic, yes!
(TEAM) |WBG| Tep's : gg med, you're the best!
WANT TO PLAY IN FRESH MEAT CUP : credit to med

^^
Better Medic than Lia
TH3_SHAD0W_SAMUR4I

by Doctor Galaxy » Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:52 am

hoo doggie all the replies
Hodgepodge wrote:
Doctor Galaxy wrote: unlike earlier today, the server was alive due to the admins' willingness of coming on there and trying.

We about about 16 people on the first map because we were all on. Then we had to rtv off wubwubwub which was randomly selected for us, where we lost about 5 people. Then we died on Tron where we were down to 5 people near the very end. You were one of the 11 to leave on Tron if I recall, because it was me and my brother running from Anthid, Boehner and Testes, which left us to just my brother, Testes, and I on spinnie.

Also if I recall, I was also there until Red team had 4 players and Blu had 6 at the almost end of Tron (which was also at the death of the pop), at which I got invited to play Mann Up with some friends.

flufffage wrote:
Doctor Galaxy wrote:Not that this is a rant or anything like that

lol

To be more specific, the reasoning for that post was so that I could express what I thought on how the situation with popping and such goes. Apologies if I sounded or angry or whatever, and still do from this post, but that is not my intention.
flufffage wrote:
Doctor Galaxy wrote:But on the meat of the subject, what's the point in posting a pop if none of the fellow admins and whatnot come on and help? Not saying that I don't mind to post a pop in the Love Nest group's announcements, no, but a common occurrence is that when we try to pop, we don't get as many people.

lol whats the point in life anymore

To post dank memes and smoke weed everyday? Duh.
Flufffage wrote:Its not just you, quit your sob story. Its difficult for anyone to pop. Even Johny, with his Drisk Brigade shenanigans doesn't even get a full server.
I'm not sure if you realize how much of a problem popping has been for all of us admins, for a long while now. This isn't new.

I get that. I'm just saying that I've sat in the server for two to four hours at times with Zuul and/or with about five or less people after a popping announcement over the past time and it's been a fruitless endeavor at times. Never said that I've been the only admin that this has happened to or experience this, but over the course of the past months, it's been hard doing so without help, and I feel that if other admins do get help or create more community-based events(like the dodgeball tourney for example), then it'd be more successful. As fore-mentioned, I haven't seen much of the pinkmins popping during the last few months save for a few rare occasions, the reasoning for that has been explained back in the thread, and that's where I'm basing most of my complaints off of. Hell, even Porky spoke to me one day on vsh_offices when it was just him, Indie, and myself, and he told us that it was incredibly noticeable that the pinkmins weren't on there very much anymore.
flufffage wrote:
Doctor Galaxy wrote: Zuul, Indie, Porky, Anthid, and myself have ran into this problem when being on the server, as we only draw in about three people during the whole thing.
While it's understandable that it's not imperitive *imperative* to pop or stop what you're doing and help, doing so once in a while can help turn the tide on how desolate the servers stay.

You're not the only one who encounters this problem. It gets very discouraging (nevermind boring as fuck) to wait around for people to join. There are more entertaining and less depressing uses of my time than sitting in a server with two people who target only me and tell me "its no fun when flufff is here". Sorry, but I'm not interested in admining a server where the regulars think its okay to harass admins? If that's the kind of respect we can expect to recieve *receive (i before e, except after c)*...

Again, about three hours in a server with five or less people, I understand that. Never said I was the only one who does go through this, and also if people are harassing you, especially regulars, why not play around with that? For example, if Bishop was targeting me for fun or whatever, I'd go Soldier or something that I can play offensively and try to kick his ass and taunt out of humor during a kill despite the fact that I'm gonna fail anyways. When I'm on TF2 in general, I don't expect to get respect or to not get killed, but rather just have fun and kinda chill.
flufffage wrote:
Doctor Galaxy wrote:As it stands, a server of eight people does not constitute as a popping, and unlike earlier today, the server was alive due to the admins' willingness of coming on there and trying.

1. The server popped because all the admins, all the regulars: basically the entire mumble, was playing. As for myself, I went through my friends list to invite people to join. That brought us up to about 16 people. We never got more than that.
(a. I consider a "popped server" a server which contains 24 people. Anything less than that is a "partial pop" in my eyes.)
2. As soon as the map changed to wubwubwub, we lost a good 7 people or so. Then we went to tron, where it died. I'm not saying I didn't contribute to this; I got bored. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
(a. Shitty maps keep getting added and not removed, resulting in a loss of population.)

As I said in my post, it is the initiative of the admins to help people get in there. You invited people to come, set a popping announcement, and they did. The folks in Mumble came in and helped as well, and that was good.
flufffage wrote:
Doctor Galaxy wrote:Remember, a populated server brings in more attention, which in turn can lead people to stay longer.

I didn't know this was how it works, thanks friend.

You're welcome my friend. :)
flufffage wrote:
Doctor Galaxy wrote:Also kudos to Balu to encouraging the slayboxers to come on and help.

lol cause he's the only one to ever do something like that

My bad on assumptions, but hey. Unnecessary praise is the best type of praise. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

But off of that, I'm all for the meeting, and looking forward to what people can suggest.
What could be done is bringing in new gamemodes, like TF2 Kart, Randomizer, or Jailbreak if it works. Maps that have trade_whatever in their name generally have a lot of content, so we could look into those. As long as we try new stuff to see if it works, it's better than nothing. If it doesn't work, we remove it and try again.
Doctor Galaxy
Pink Admin

by Balubish » Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:38 am

TH3_SHAD0W_SAMUR4I wrote:Time OUT!!!

So lets all take a breather, chill out, and keep all our energy and bubbly thoughts, opinions, suggestions and ideas for the meeting alright? :D

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Balubish
Donator

Return to Team Fortress 2