Opinions on me?

Discuss your favorite war-based hat simulator.

Opinions on me?

by Bobotov » Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:08 pm

Today, I went spy. My ingame name was |TC| Porky Minch. People were getting mad at me.

I wanna hear your opinions on my spying skills. What do you think of them?
Bobotov

Re: Opinions on me?

by Balubish » Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:40 pm

Bobotov wrote:Today, I went spy. My ingame name was |TC| Porky Minch. People were getting mad at me.

I would say you were ok. And alot better than me. Think my best was like 7kills in one round total.

Current rank: Terminator
0% Kills needed: 0 (0%)
Balubish
Donator
I drink to keep evil outside!

by Kaiuu » Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:17 pm

Pretty good. Always there when I least expected it. But I'd say you're much much better at heavy.
Kaiuu
Donator

by Ron Swansons Stache » Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:25 pm

Bobotov wrote:Today, I went spy. My ingame name was |TC| Porky Minch. People were getting mad at me.

What do you mean people were getting mad at you? Because you kept stabbing them? That's usually a good sign. The more people hate you as a spy generally the better a player you are.
YOU JUST GOT BUTT CHUNDERED!
Ron Swansons Stache
Blue Admin

by Birk » Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:00 pm

He didn't say which team was getting mad at him.
Don't kill the television. It's good for things like watching Blade Runner on video. ☯93JUN

In real life, I am quite a bit less cranky than this netpersona I have developed. ☯84MAR
Birk
Donator

by Balubish » Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:18 pm

Birk wrote:He didn't say which team was getting mad at him.

lol tru dat.

Current rank: Terminator
0% Kills needed: 0 (0%)
Balubish
Donator
I drink to keep evil outside!

by TH3_SHAD0W_SAMUR4I » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:20 pm

Coming from a guy who is experienced in the ways of the Spy, Pretty good, no wait..EXTREMELY AMAZING. If people get pissed at you, it's a good sign that you're becoming a better spy and probably one of the most feared and best spies in our community ;) The amount of times I hear people whining that Im everywhere and asking for more pyros when I go spy just gives me a massive adrenaline rush and confidence boost, and trust me..it just feels wonderful. So the next time people start 'crying' because of your superior skillset, just remember not to take their comments personally and be hard on yourself. Instead, embrace those comments and make it your motivational fuel for fury and bestow fear unto those who oppose you. Phew, that was a mouthful. I hope that was an informative and satisfying opinion :D
Kim Jong Bob : Medic, yes!
(TEAM) |WBG| Tep's : gg med, you're the best!
WANT TO PLAY IN FRESH MEAT CUP : credit to med

^^
Better Medic than Lia
TH3_SHAD0W_SAMUR4I

by Bobotov » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:13 pm

TH3_SHAD0W_SAMUR4I wrote:Coming from a guy who is experienced in the ways of the Spy, Pretty good, no wait..EXTREMELY AMAZING. If people get pissed at you, it's a good sign that you're becoming a better spy and probably one of the most feared and best spies in our community ;) The amount of times I hear people whining that Im everywhere and asking for more pyros when I go spy just gives me a massive adrenaline rush and confidence boost, and trust me..it just feels wonderful. So the next time people start 'crying' because of your superior skillset, just remember not to take their comments personally and be hard on yourself. Instead, embrace those comments and make it your motivational fuel for fury and bestow fear unto those who oppose you. Phew, that was a mouthful. I hope that was an informative and satisfying opinion :D

Cool. Any tips? Because I am mostly used to valve servers, and not that much in community servers.
Bobotov

by HausOfJoel » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:43 pm

Bobotov wrote: name was Porky Minch.

Kaiuu wrote:better at heavy.

HausOfJoel
Blue Admin
Your Problematic Fave

by Bobotov » Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:09 pm

HausOfJoel wrote:

I ain't loomynarty.
Bobotov

by Someone Special » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:27 pm

Kaiuu wrote:Pretty good. Always there when I least expected it. But I'd say you're much much better at heavy.

You're thinking of a different guy I think.
Someone Special
Pink Admin

by TH3_SHAD0W_SAMUR4I » Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:37 am

So you want some tips, well I'm not the best at explaining, but I will do my best. Tip 1:Awareness. Remember who you're playing with. This ain't valve servers, this is some serious sh*t you're dealing with. Most people in our community are extremely talented and skilled, so you got to learn not to approach them the same way as you would to people you would meet stereotypically on a V server. What I mean is, don't be oblivious and trigger happy/greedy, a good spy is patient and cautious. The greater the patience, the greater the reward ;)
Furthermore, when you are about to pounce on your prey, be aware of your surroundings: Is he/she alone, is someone with them? Are there a lot of enemies within the vicinity? Is the area you're in cramped or vast? Are you willing to die for that stab? If not, is there an escape route you can use? Is that escape route flawless (are there any obstacles that will delay your escape?) Are there any props you can use so you can do a trickstab? E.g. Is there a small platform with a low or high incline that will allow you to do a 'stairstab'. Can you do a matador stab? What happens if the stab fails, what will you do? Are you confident in your aim? Consider the gun you're using, is it strong enough, to eliminate enemies quickly, or is it just to buy time for you to escape? What happens if those 2 plans don't work?
You MUST remember to...soak in and...embrace your environment, and use it to your advantage. Its like a game of chess, you need to examine your flaws and the enemies flaws before making a decision so you can predict the consequences of your actions and the enemy's reactions so that you are able to anticipate any challenges that you may be confronted with.

Tip 2. Spectating and observing. To fight your enemy, know your enemy. Believe it or not, i sometimes waste my life watching others play. Its boring, unless you put some music on, but trust me, there is no gain without pain, and your dedication will be rewarded. You must remember that everyone has their flaws, apart from me, my only flaws are just frame drops and ping ;) anyway To elaborate, spectating players like Balubish, Toss, Heavy weapons bear will allow you to have an valuable insight into their play style and will also allow you to exploit their weaknesses and give you idea when and where they are most vulnerable to being eliminated, whether its that one second they are not looking back allowing an incredible backstab opportunity or just completely oblivious to you pointing your gun at them whilst they are at low health.
So sit back for a few minutes, get the popcorn, and let them make your job a lot easier for you ;)

If you want more tips (I know you do) U can add me, I would gladly share my wisdom ;) Btw there's another Porky minch so its hard to tell whose who XD

^^
Better Medic than Lia
TH3_SHAD0W_SAMUR4I

by Bobotov » Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:19 am

TH3_SHAD0W_SAMUR4I wrote:So you want some tips, well I'm not the best at explaining, but I will do my best. Tip 1:Awareness. Remember who you're playing with. This ain't valve servers, this is some serious sh*t you're dealing with. Most people in our community are extremely talented and skilled, so you got to learn not to approach them the same way as you would to people you would meet stereotypically on a V server. What I mean is, don't be oblivious and trigger happy/greedy, a good spy is patient and cautious. The greater the patience, the greater the reward ;)
Furthermore, when you are about to pounce on your prey, be aware of your surroundings: Is he/she alone, is someone with them? Are there a lot of enemies within the vicinity? Is the area you're in cramped or vast? Are you willing to die for that stab? If not, is there an escape route you can use? Is that escape route flawless (are there any obstacles that will delay your escape?) Are there any props you can use so you can do a trickstab? E.g. Is there a small platform with a low or high incline that will allow you to do a 'stairstab'. Can you do a matador stab? What happens if the stab fails, what will you do? Are you confident in your aim? Consider the gun you're using, is it strong enough, to eliminate enemies quickly, or is it just to buy time for you to escape? What happens if those 2 plans don't work?
You MUST remember to...soak in and...embrace your environment, and use it to your advantage. Its like a game of chess, you need to examine your flaws and the enemies flaws before making a decision so you can predict the consequences of your actions and the enemy's reactions so that you are able to anticipate any challenges that you may be confronted with.

Tip 2. Spectating and observing. To fight your enemy, know your enemy. Believe it or not, i sometimes waste my life watching others play. Its boring, unless you put some music on, but trust me, there is no gain without pain, and your dedication will be rewarded. You must remember that everyone has their flaws, apart from me, my only flaws are just frame drops and ping ;) anyway To elaborate, spectating players like Balubish, Toss, Heavy weapons bear will allow you to have an valuable insight into their play style and will also allow you to exploit their weaknesses and give you idea when and where they are most vulnerable to being eliminated, whether its that one second they are not looking back allowing an incredible backstab opportunity or just completely oblivious to you pointing your gun at them whilst they are at low health.
So sit back for a few minutes, get the popcorn, and let them make your job a lot easier for you ;)

If you want more tips (I know you do) U can add me, I would gladly share my wisdom ;) Btw there's another Porky minch so its hard to tell whose who XD

I am |TC| Porky Minch. I may change my name to Bernard The Biscuit. So keep an eye out for those two names. What is your profile link so I can add you?
Bobotov

by TH3_SHAD0W_SAMUR4I » Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:33 am

^^
Better Medic than Lia
TH3_SHAD0W_SAMUR4I

by Kaiuu » Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:23 pm

HausOfJoel wrote:

Kaiuu
Donator

Return to Team Fortress 2