No Crits server

Discuss your favorite war-based hat simulator.

No Crits server

by Maringue » Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:36 pm

So, now that quickplay has an option to look for no crits servers, we've changed slaybox 2 into a no crits server.

Now, this is where you come in. And by you I mean anyone who has ever asked us to have a no crits server.
Want to keep it around? Fix This:
No crits.jpg
No crits.jpg (131.47 KiB) Viewed 8486 times

Now that no crits is quick play enabled, it should take a LOT less effort to pop the server, but it will still take SOME effort. If the server doesn't get popped on a semi-regular basis, we will just switch it back to normal in a week or two.
Maringue
Blue Admin

Re: No Crits server

by Balubish » Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:59 pm

Yeah that spike on Saturday was when I tried to pop I think but wasnt able to. So agree with Maringue, you guys that have complained about it, help us start it up if it so fun on a no crit server.

Best regards Balubish

Current rank: Terminator
0% Kills needed: 0 (0%)
Balubish
Donator
I drink to keep evil outside!

by Sanic-X » Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:59 pm

Does this mean SB2 now has no class limits? Or is that no longer a part of being quickplay?
..::..-context is important-..::..
gotta go fast
Sanic-X
Blue Admin

by Balubish » Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:24 pm

Sanic-X wrote:Does this mean SB2 now has no class limits? Or is that no longer a part of being quickplay?

Still think we have class limits and are still on quickplay. The only difference if Im not wrong about it are, no random crits.

Balubish
Donator

by Maringue » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:20 pm

Good job folks, the server was popped for a good chunk of yesterday evening.

Keep it up, I'm hoping we can bring in a new group of players. And don't forget to tell people to fav the server so we can build up a following to it.
Maringue
Blue Admin

by Maringue » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:56 pm

The no crits slaybox 2 has only been popped once this week. If you want to keep a no crits server around, try popping the server more.
Maringue
Blue Admin

by fingerman » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:26 pm

Maringue wrote:The no crits slaybox 2 has only been popped once this week. If you want to keep a no crits server around, try popping the server more.

You guys need to play to verify there are no crits on this server, I dare you to find one. Spend hours of time on sb2 experimenting to see if indeed there are no crits.
fingerman
Red Admin
Author of: The Pushers Guide to Little Carts

by Balubish » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:28 pm

fingerman wrote:
Maringue wrote:The no crits slaybox 2 has only been popped once this week. If you want to keep a no crits server around, try popping the server more.

You guys need to play to verify there are no crits on this server, I dare you to find one. Spend hours of time on sb2 experimenting to see if indeed there are no crits.

I have, no random crits on it so far that I could have seen

Have to add though, even with no crits SB2 is still dead. PrincessscootAlu did try to pop it before and I sended out a pop message and still dead. Ppl dont like it for some reason. Sure we have been able to pop it a few times but not as SB1. And I have also noticed we are failing with westbox too. We need to start popping that up more. Regulars want to play but if admins dont help out it will die too. We have about 30 Blumins and I am on way to much but, I cant say I see many admins on anymore. Just some of the regulars. I can understand that ppl want to play other games tru dat. But when a pop message comes we need to help out more. If we would have 10 ppl join almost instantly when we send out the pop message we could pop a server in few minutes. Then even SB2 would be easy. And then go back to the other game or if you are busy just join the game dont have to play, just help fill up the server.

Balubish
Donator

by You » Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:10 pm

Maybe this has been discussed before, but why not add nospread to sb2 as well?
You
Donator

by Ron Swansons Stache » Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:11 pm

Balubish wrote:
fingerman wrote:

I have, no random crits on it so far that I could have seen

Have to add though, even with no crits SB2 is still dead. PrincessscootAlu did try to pop it before and I sended out a pop message and still dead. Ppl dont like it for some reason. Sure we have been able to pop it a few times but not as SB1. And I have also noticed we are failing with westbox too. We need to start popping that up more. Regulars want to play but if admins dont help out it will die too. We have about 30 Blumins and I am on way to much but, I cant say I see many admins on anymore. Just some of the regulars. I can understand that ppl want to play other games tru dat. But when a pop message comes we need to help out more. If we would have 10 ppl join almost instantly when we send out the pop message we could pop a server in few minutes. Then even SB2 would be easy. And then go back to the other game or if you are busy just join the game dont have to play, just help fill up the server.

The hardest thing with popping with me is limited time. Balub, I'm sure you've seen me popping servers before but when I see SB1 with 22 or so people and a couple of friends on there and SB2 literally has 0 with no popping effort I'm a little less likely to click onto SB2 because I just want to play. If I get a message from the Elite group that they're popping I almost always join though, because I know it's a dedicated effort to get it up and it will likely be popped up relatively quickly.

The other thing is, I don't really mind random crits in a pub situation, they add kind of a fun random factor for me.
YOU JUST GOT BUTT CHUNDERED!
Ron Swansons Stache
Blue Admin

by Balubish » Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:40 pm

Oh I agree Ron but It seems like im the only admin actually trying to pop it and some ppl asking for it so I keep trying, we have maybe 20 admins and I only see about 4 online at some times, mostly im popping. So yeah I need a fuckin paycheck soon for trying to hard. And I agree I also just want to play and the thing is the more that help too pop the faster it goes and the faster everybody can play. I rely on regulars like you Ron to help pop instead of admins wich is very bad In my opinion.

Balubish
Donator

by fingerman » Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:14 am

I changed SB2 to have vote crits like it did in the past.
fingerman
Red Admin
Author of: The Pushers Guide to Little Carts

by DerKrieger105 » Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:07 pm

I've tried to play on SB2 and would really like to but the issue is, for me at least, that it is completely unplayable. The game stutters so badly, literally stopping for 2 seconds every 15, that it isn't playable. I'm not quite sure why this is happening or if it is happening to anyone else but it has been an issue for me for quite some time. Even before people started reporting lag spikes and stuttering on SB1.
I'll give it another shoty and see if the problem has worked itself out.
CSn Bluemin- I'm pretentious and never leave the mic.

DerKrieger105
Blue Admin

Return to Team Fortress 2