TF2 Server EU

Discuss your favorite war-based hat simulator.

TF2 Server EU

by Balubish » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:15 am

Hi! I wonder how much UL I need to run a server for example Swebox EU. But I only have 8/1 connection and when for example play on the chicago slayboxes 1 or 2 I have a ping around 180 if the server is full.
Say if I run a slaybox with my connection and if the server would be full and want to play on chicago slaybox, will that work or will the ping go sky high?

Best regards Balubish

Current rank: Terminator
0% Kills needed: 0 (0%)
Balubish
Donator
I drink to keep evil outside!

Re: TF2 Server EU

by Vivi Hill » Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:50 pm

So if I get you right you want to host a server on your box, and also play on the Slaybox on the same machine/router, even though you have 8Mbits down and 1Mbit up?

First of all, playing on the same server you host on will either make your game horribly slow, or make your server jittery. Following that, the relatively slow connection will likely be maxed out and make your game and/or your server jittery. I'd recommend against it.
"Just because nobody complains doesn't mean all parachutes are perfect." --Benny Hill
Vivi Hill
Red Admin
Master of Ceremonies

Re: TF2 Server EU

by Balubish » Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:56 pm

Benny Hill wrote:So if I get you right you want to host a server on your box, and also play on the Slaybox on the same machine/router, even though you have 8Mbits down and 1Mbit up?

First of all, playing on the same server you host on will either make your game horribly slow, or make your server jittery. Following that, the relatively slow connection will likely be maxed out and make your game and/or your server jittery. I'd recommend against it.

Thanks for your answer Benny hill. Yeah the idea was to host a slaybox for u guys over here in sweden, well that u said about the connection was what I expected. To slow connection. Well now I know.

Current rank: Terminator
0% Kills needed: 0 (0%)
Balubish
Donator
I drink to keep evil outside!

Return to Team Fortress 2