mini sentry + frontier j + hightower + valve server = ?

Discuss your favorite war-based hat simulator.

mini sentry + frontier j + hightower + valve server = ?

by Failhorse » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:43 am

So last night I wanted to play some more TF2. For whatever reason our slayboxes were empty at 9PM. (come on admins don't let shitty maps get voted.)
I saw a Valve server playing hightower. I know what happens on CSN servers during Hightower. Wanted to see if the same happened elsewhere. Server was packed. I have a new appreciation for our players, even on Hightower. I don't want to say I single handily stalemated the map. But I'm pretty sure I did. The first round ended in 10 minutes or so. I was cabering as usual. The second round lasted 35 minutes before I disconnected. I douche engied, never died, and got 85 kills. Left out of boredom.

I'm not patting myself on the back. I don't think I did anything special. I still don't think the mini is broken or over powered. Just the type of player that plays on a Valve server is a moron. Myself included.
Failhorse
Red Admin

Re: mini sentry + frontier j + hightower + valve server = ?

by Rologton » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:22 pm

I firmly believe that the Gunslinger is OP on a map as open as Hightower. It also shits all over KOTH maps.

Last year (and they're doing it again this year) SPUF did a contest that pit 9 GS Engies against a team with Highlander makeup. They played one a A/D, 5cp, Payload and KOTH map. Guess which was the only map that the GS Engie team won? koth_lakeside.
I play Scout and Medic a lot.

ImageImage

CRITS MAKE ME SKILLED.
#PCgamingmasterrace
Rologton

by resuni » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:13 am

Rologton wrote:I firmly believe that the Gunslinger is OP on a map as open as Hightower. It also shits all over KOTH maps.

On the flip side minis are really easy targets for rockets on open maps. Mini's are not OP, just annoying.
resuni
Donator

by Rologton » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:41 am

On the flip flip side, they take at least two rockets to take down and a new one can be immediately dropped, giving the soldier the option of taking out the second one or going for the Engie, and leaving him vulnerable to the Engie the whole time.
I play Scout and Medic a lot.

ImageImage

CRITS MAKE ME SKILLED.
#PCgamingmasterrace
Rologton

by Maringue » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:19 pm

Nothing pisses off a GS engie more than a Vacinator.
Maringue
Blue Admin

Return to Team Fortress 2