Doesnt Post Bios Screen with HDMI or Displayport

Talk about random stuff that has nothing to do with TF2 or other games.

Doesnt Post Bios Screen with HDMI or Displayport

by Balubish » Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:24 pm

So this is a problem I have right now and I have password going around Bios screen. And thanks to know how the lights show info on my MB I know when to hit in the password and then the lights switch off.
Reason i got this problem is that I bought a new monitor and its running Display port, digital signal just as HDMI. I wanna know how to solve this issue if someone else here have had this problem.
I think this is a fairly new problem going over to Digital connectors between screens and PC. Newer cards even only support digital screen connection.

Im not in the bad side though but my buddy Moose here has a major one. He bought a new MB, CPU and RAM and he uses HDMI.
Weirdly enough the screen doesnt post but I think its because of HDMI that he is using. Is there a way to go around it and why the fuck doesnt it work for me?
I personally only have digital screens on now, both Displayport and HDMI and it just starts up until im in Windows.

Moose problem is that having a new MB and the rest will automaticly lock it in bios cause of the old Windows wont probably start thanks to new hardware.

Anyone of you guys know how to go around it?

Current rank: Terminator
0% Kills needed: 0 (0%)
Balubish
Donator
I drink to keep evil outside!

Re: Doesnt Post Bios Screen with HDMI or Displayport

by L0wsound » Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:13 pm

He's probably gonna have to get an HDMI to DVI adapter(unless he's using a TV as a monitor, most screens do DVI/HDMI/Displayport now).
Then he can POST, go into the BIOS and change stuff.
If his computer isn't posting at all, then it's something else..
L0wsound

Re: Doesnt Post Bios Screen with HDMI or Displayport

by Balubish » Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:23 pm

L0wsound wrote:He's probably gonna have to get an HDMI to DVI adapter(unless he's using a TV as a monitor, most screens do DVI/HDMI/Displayport now).
Then he can POST, go into the BIOS and change stuff.
If his computer isn't posting at all, then it's something else..

Well I have TV with DVI to HDMI cable and it doesnt show bios either.

But asked some in the server before and it might showing bios booting with no GPU in the PC and HDMI to the motherboard only.
My best tip would be trying with VGA and if that doesnt post something is wrong.

Current rank: Terminator
0% Kills needed: 0 (0%)
Balubish
Donator
I drink to keep evil outside!

Return to Spam Fest