10,000,000 Review

Announcements and news related to Crit Sandvich.

10,000,000 Review

by Beartato » Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:27 pm

10,000,000 on Steam for $4.99

10,000,000 is a new addition to Steam from indie developer EightyEightGames. It's an RPG/puzzle hybrid with an arcade feel to it because of its fast-paced action. It is also available on the App Store with a port coming to the Play Store soon.

This game seeks to place the match-3 mechanic into a more strategic setting than simply "get a lot of matches." It is basically a dungeon crawler fueled by your matches. It reminds me a lot of the flash title Elements of Arkandia by developer undefined as well as Legend of Fae by Endless Fluff Games, but with much faster action and a small twist on how matches are made.

The game starts with your character sleeping in the bed of some stone room. You have a counter in the top corner that shows your high score and a second counter that claims "freedom" at 10,000,000. That is the extent of the story. As you've likely noticed by now, the graphics are not terribly advanced and the same could be said of the music and sound effects (midis!). But it it is vibrant and crisp and both help provide an appropriate feeling aesthetic for the game.

The game is pretty straight forward: You enter the doors to start dungeon crawling. Each ranking has a number of objectives to try and complete, monsters becoming stronger and mutipliers becoming larger with each rank up.

There are a large number of tiles in game. There are tiles that power attacks, resource tiles, tiles for building shield, and tiles for attaining in-dungeon items. The game is very straightforward: Just keep dungeoning. Eventually you'll find that you've lost three hours in the blink of an eye.

If you'd like to see a gameplay video, I would recommend checking out the one that Jerma985 put up a week or two ago.

Overall, it's a great game. I've been waiting some time for a developer to create a match-3 RPG that maintained the fast-paced action I love about games like Bejeweled. Previous entries in this niche I felt were too slow or implemented the mechanism in a cumbersome manner. If you see it discounted in one of the next Steam sales, I recommend jumping on this title immediately. And even at the full price, it is well worth the buy for someone who likes fast gameplay, especially in the match-3 genre.
I got tired of looking at Drawed's face.
Beartato

Re: 10,000,000 Review

by doller » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:51 pm

Seems pretty cool... but everytime I find a decent game that isn't TF2, I come back to find that I lost hours of practice... Faster than Light showed up, and I could never play ambassador spy again. :oops:
doller

Re: 10,000,000 Review

by Beartato » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:41 pm

FTL 2gud.
I got tired of looking at Drawed's face.
Beartato

Return to News